Today I recommend my recipe for German Pancakes.The pancake is the classic from the kitchen of our childhood.
When my grandmother baked pancakes for us children, the kitchen was filled with the delicate aroma of butter, sugar and vanilla. The first pancake from the pan was always put away: “It’s nothing”, Grandma said. Then one pancake after the other flew onto our children’s plates and we filled our bellies. There were pancakes with sugar and cinnamon or with homemade jam. That was the most beautiful thing for us.
Today I show you with special joy how a delicious pancake is made. The step by step instructions can be found in the following text. If you want to know faster, click here and you will come directly to the pancake recipe…
1. Pancake Recipe as basic Recipe for many Variants
There are pancakes, crêpes, pancakes, blinis, Kaiserschmarrn in the world and and and and…
Grandma’s pancake is something very special!
Apart from the fact that it is from grandma and baked with love 😉
The pancake, in Austria it is the pancake, is thin. It is not quite as thin as a French pancake and fills the pan in diameter. The pancake can be wrapped and filled during wrapping.
The pancake can be made sweet or spicy. Here I present you the sweet version. You can also fill a lightly salted pancake – without sugar – with cream cheese, spinach or smoked salmon. The hearty pancake has been cut open and the toothpick is a great party variation!
2. Pancakes and Pancakes gluten-free, the Preparation Step by Step
I roast blanched, planed almonds in the pan without fat. I make sure that the almonds don’t get too dark.
I rub a little of an untreated lemon from the yellow peel – about a quarter of the surface.
I put the flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon grater and some salt together in a bowl.
Step 3, gluten-free:
Gluten-free flour e.g. from Schär, eggs + 1 extra egg, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon grater and some salt and I put together in a bowl.
While stirring, I add the milk gradually and check the consistency well.
Step 4, gluten-free:
I add the milk while stirring and check the consistency well. I might add the dough + a dash of milk more than indicated below in the usual variation.
I heat the pan well and melt a small amount of butter in it. You can also use butter with rapeseed oil or pure clarified butter to prepare the pancakes. Add the dough to the pan with a ladle. I only want to cover the bottom of the pan slightly. That’s why I lift the pan from the stove and distribute the dough thinly by slightly swinging it back and forth.
Bake the pancake until golden yellow.
I coated my pancake with the reduced brew of self-boiled red wine pears.
Alternatively, you can also use jam, maple syrup, honey, brewer and cinnamon or whatever else you can think of. It should only be something that can be spread thinly and wrapped up afterwards.
I then wrap up my pancake with the filling and serve it with red wine pear and the roasted almonds on the plate. For taste and decoration I sprinkle my pancake with icing sugar.
3. Pancake and pancake gluten-free, the Recipe
- 150 g wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- 2 pc eggs + 1 egg with gluten-free flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- some Lemon abrasion
- 250 ml milk if necessary a little more milk with gluten-free flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Sieve the flour and place in a bowl. Beat the eggs, add the vanilla sugar, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Gradually add the milk and mix. Check the consistency. Make a slightly flowing dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes and in the meantime prepare the desired ingredients for filling and complementing the pancake.
- Fry the pancakes in a heated pan with butter or clarified butter until golden brown.
- Spread the pancakes with the desired filling and wrap them.
- Arrange the pancakes on the plates and serve with the desired side dishes. Enjoy your meal!