OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Bread Schnitzel with Cornflakes I show you in this article.
I recommend chicken schnitzel or turkey schnitzel for this preparation.
For the choice of side dishes you will find some ideas and suggestions in the article.
I wish you good luck!
1. This is how Breading with Cornflakes and Frying works
- Wash the schnitzel, dry, knock, season…
- Prepare one bowl each with flour, eggs and cornflakes.
- Turn the meat into flour.
- Pull the floured meat through the whisked egg.
- At the end put it into the cornflakes and press the meat into breadcrumbs and coat it.
- Fry the breaded schnitzel in a pan with vegetable oil.
For flour, a wheat flour type 405 has proved its worth, you can also use gluten-free flour.
Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork. The cornflakes coat will taste better if you add some cream, salt, pepper and sweet paprika to the cream.
Use cornflakes unsweetened, or your schnitzel will mutate into a dessert.
2. Side Dishes Ideas
To this Schnitzerl fit …
- potato salad
- parsley potatoes
- fried potatoes
- French fries
- baked potatoes
- Colourful leaf salad
- tomato salad
- bean salad
- cucumber salad
3. Recipe Schnitzel Cornflakes
Below are the instructions with photos and exact quantities. Wish you good luck!
- 1/2 pc lemon
- 1 tbs cranberries I like to take more!
- 2 pc Schnitzel chicken or turkey
- 100 g flour sieved, Typ 405
- 2-3 pc eggs according to size
- 2 pinch red bell pepper sweet add to the egg and stir
- 2 tbs cream add to the egg and stir
- 100-140 g Cornflakes
- 250-300 ml sun flower oil according to the site of the pan
- Lemon halve and in eighths cut You can also cut out a lemon star. Prepare cranberries to serve. Make some parsley ready for decoration.
- Think about a supplement, you can find the ideas under point 2. in the article and links under point 5.
- Wash the meat slices cut and prepared by the butcher, dab dry and place on cling film.
- Cover the meat slices with cling film and knock carefully. Season the meat on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Turn the beaten escalopes in flour, we cooks call it flouring.
- Pull the floured Schnitzerl through the egg. All the meat must be covered with egg on both sides.
- Then bread the slices of meat in the cornflakes and gently press to form a cornflakes coat. Heat a large, wide pan with oil and fry the cutlets on both sides for approx. 4 minutes at medium heat. You can keep the schnitzel warm at 140°C, which is convenient when guests come.
- Prepare, prepare and arrange the side dishes. Place the baked escalope on the warm plates. Serve with lemon and cranberries. Enjoy your meal!
4. Nutritional Values
5. More RecipesWiener Schnitzel detailed recipe with exact technical explanations
Wiener Schnitzel with parsley potatoes and cranberries
Cordon Bleu recipe
Baked chicken recipe for breaded chicken
Turkey schnitzel with muesli panade
Schnitzel Parisian style Matching potato salad recipes as an alternative side dish: Bavarian potato salad
Swabian potato salad
Potato Salad with mayonnaise
Viennese potato salad
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Main Courses Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Schnitzel Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German