OTHER LANGUAGES: German
For the recipe Tomato Sauce with fresh Tomatoes I thought up something very special. I’ll show you two methods of preparation, one in the pot and one in the oven.
Both methods are totally simple and will please you. I give many tips and tricks for preparing a fresh tomato sauce that tastes fantastic with spaghetti and pasta in general.
Good success! I would be happy if you try this recipe and share it with your friends on Facebook!
- 1. Make your own Tomato Sauce from fresh Tomatoes
- 2. Prepare Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes in a Pot
- 3. Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes in the Oven
- 3. Recipe Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes
- 4. Calories (kcal.) Tomato Sauce from fresh Tomatoes, an Overview of Nutritional Values
- 5. Related Posts about the Topic Tomatoes
1. Make your own Tomato Sauce from fresh Tomatoes
For the tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes I present you two preparation variants: First, I’ll prepare a classic tomato sauce directly in the pot, second, I’ll show you my refined version of the preparation in the oven. If you like to skin and peel the tomatoes, there is also the corresponding Kochwiki.
2. Prepare Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes in a Pot
You can prepare the tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes quite quickly in the pot. Sweat with finely chopped onion cubes and garlic cubes in olive oil. Then add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt, pepper and some sugar. Dry white wine can be added optionally. Let the tomato sauce simmer for 15 minutes. The herbs include marjoram, oregano, basil and thyme. This is the classic way of preparation like in Italy. Next, I’ll show you another way to prepare it that offers a great taste experience.
3. Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes in the Oven
Put the cleaned tomatoes in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, brown sugar and olive oil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 200°C hot air. The following pictures show this step by step:
The tomatoes cook very evenly in the oven, the sugar can caramelise slowly and the tasty result looks like this:
The resulting tomato stock is a real taste sensation, I always save some tomatoes for decoration. Now you can peel the tomatoes or leave the skin on them, mix them and partly whole and partly small pressed with the resulting stock to pasta or again freshly prepare. To prepare freshly, take a diced onion, one or two cloves of garlic and a little olive oil. Sweat the onions and garlic in a pot until colourless, after 3-4 minutes deglaze with about 80 ml dry white wine or Prosecco, then add the tomatoes cooked in the oven with the stock and simmer for 15 minutes. I also cook the stalks and the tomato stalks, which have a lot of tomato flavour, I like to do the work here and fish them out of the tomato sauce before serving.
3. Recipe Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes
- 250 g cocktail tomatoes or otherr fully riped tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pinch pepper
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 1 pc onion finely diced
- 1-2 pc garlic clove
- 80 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 1 pinch thyme or oregano or basil
- Place the washed tomatoes in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil and cook in the oven at 200°C for 35 minutes. After cooking, prepare some nice tomatoes for decoration.
- Finely dice the peeled onion and garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes until colourless. Deglaze with the white wine, add the cooked tomatoes with stems and bring to the boil. Crush some tomatoes and let the tomato sauce simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove the tomato stems.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, sugar and herbs to taste and serve.
4. Calories (kcal.) Tomato Sauce from fresh Tomatoes, an Overview of Nutritional Values
5. Related Posts about the Topic TomatoesSpaghetti with prawns and tomato sauce
Spaghetti with tomato sauce
Tomato sauce strained tomatoes
Skin and peel tomatoes
German Version of this Recipe: Tomaten Soße aus frischen Tomaten
OTHER LANGUAGES: German