The roast turkey tights recipe, prepared from a fresh turkey leg, I present to you today with step-by-step photos and great cooking tips.
I’ve left you a new secret recipe for the sauce, after all, you want to shine in the kitchen!
I wish you great pleasure in cooking this recipe. If you like, share the recipe with your friends – thank you and good luck!
1. Roast Turkey Tights Shopping List
Because it is so practical, you will find the list of ingredients for your shopping right at the beginning:
- Turkey top leg with bone
- Olive oil or sunflower oil
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Fresh thyme or rosemary
- Soy sauce
- Basil fresh
2. Turkey top leg pictures for your purchase
To avoid any confusion, I have included the piece of meat here with two illustrations.
When it comes to side dishes for roast turkey, I like to keep it simple, but there is still an extra point for side dish selection according to the recipe!
3. Recipe Roast Turkey Tights in Oven
I wish you good luck and lots of fun with your cooking. I look forward to your comments and success stories.
- 1 pc Turkey top leg with bone
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- Pepper black, ground
- Cayenne pepper
- 5 twigs Thyme fresh
- 8 pc Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce I use tamari
- 4 tbsp. Cranberries
- 50 g Butter
- 1-2 tsp corn starch Potato or maize starch
- 1/4 bunch Basil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on fan or bottom/upper heat setting. Unwrap the turkey leg, rinse under cold water and dry.
- Place the meat on a kitchen board with the skin side down.
- Using a sharp knife, bone out the bone first from the top, then along the side of the bone.
- Lift the bone and cut it off the meat.
- Cut the meat in half and place in a suitable roasting pan with the skin side up and the bone.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, add sprigs of thyme or rosemary. Drizzle the meat with a little olive oil.
- Cook the roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes on the middle shelf. Check the cooking point of the meat with a thin meat fork by testing the needle: If the meat can be pierced easily without resistance and only colourless juice comes out, the roast is cooked.
- Remove the roast from the roaster and keep warm in the oven at 120°C. Place the roaster and cook on the cooker.
- Heat the roaster, deglaze with stock, add the mushrooms cut into eighths and bring to the boil. Cook off the drippings and then leave to infuse.
- Season the sauce with soy sauce, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cranberries and butter and thicken with cornflour mixed with cold water, if desired. Keep the sauce warm.
- Pluck off the basil leaves and deep-fry in hot oil until crisp. Place the herb chips on a paper towel and season with salt.
- Slice the meat and place on warm plates. Place the mushrooms on the side and add the sauce. Decorate with cranberries and herb chips. Serve quickly, bon appétit!
4. Calories and Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Suitable Side Dishes for Roast Turkey Tights
Here I recommend some simple filling side dishes and vegetable side dishes as well as ideas from country cuisine.
5.1 Satiating Side Dishes
You can cook the seasoned potatoes on a baking tray in the oven at the same time.
5.2 Matching vegetable side dishes:
Zaubere dazu zum Beispiel:
Vegetable side dishes are wonderful as part of a low carb diet. It doesn’t always have to be potato and rice!Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt
5.3 Side Dish Ideas from the Country Cuisine
I had already prepared a small table for this a long time ago:
|German||potatoes, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, soup vegetables|
|Mediterranean||zucchini, eggplant, paprika, fennel, olives, capers|
|Austrian||potatoes, chanterelles, porcini mushrooms|
|American||pumpkin, chestnuts, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes|
5.4 Side Dish Ideas According to Season
To round off the hatchet theme, here is a table for ideas by season and festive season:
|Spring / Eastern||asparagus green or white, courgette, green beans, potatoes||light white wine sauce|
|Summer / Garden Party||EXTRA from the oven: baked potatoes, EXTRA : fresh from the grill corn on the cob, peppers, courgettes||grill sauces see recipes Thomas Sixt|
|Autumn / Thanksgiving||mushrooms, carrots, pumpkin, turnips, potatoes||brown sauce with a light red wine|
|Winter / Christmas||chestnuts, Brussels sprouts, potatoes, cranberries||dark sauce with a heavy red wine and dark chocolate to taste|