OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here you can find my recipe Strained Canned Tomatoes Soup, prepared quickly with strained tomatoes. That means: prepare tomato soup fast and delicious.
This soup always fits when your home gets full. Do your best friends or the whole family come?
With this recipe you have time for your guests. I wish you all the best!
1. How to simply cook a good tomato soup
For the simple tomato soup you need either canned tomatoes whole or in cubes, tomatoes that have passed through or fresh tomatoes. I like to use whole canned tomatoes because I like the tomato pieces in the soup and the soup gets more structure. The remaining ingredients for the tomato soup are olive oil, onions, garlic, white wine, salt, pepper, sugar. Optional thyme, oregano, marjoram or basil, an Italian herb mixture and tomato paste.
2. How to Cook fast Tomato Soup
My recipe for tomato soup is absolutely simple: dice onion finely and add one or two cloves of garlic. Never press the garlic, please, because it will become bitter. Garlic is also not chopped but finely cut with a sharp knife. Place the garlic and onion cubes in a large saucepan and sweat them colourless with two tablespoons of olive oil for 10 minutes. This serves to develop the taste, then add dry white wine or Prosecco and add the tomatoes. You can use strained tomatoes or tomatoes in pieces or chopped fresh tomatoes.
Tomato soup tastes good with fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes, even star chef Johann Lafer recommends the use of canned tomatoes.
Let the tomato soup simmer at medium temperature for 15 minutes, season with salt, pepper and a little sugar. Mix the soup shortly before serving and season with thyme, oregano, marjoram, basil or Italian herb mixture.
3. Cook Tomato Soup yourself, some Chef Tips
You can caramelise the onions and garlic with a little sugar shortly before adding the white wine. This gives the soup more flavour later on. Let the tomato soup simmer for about 20 minutes, so that the taste can develop wonderfully. Be careful with the tomato paste, it adds a strong tomato taste to the soup, but it takes away the freshness and lightness of the soup.
You can find my simple recipe for tomato soup with strained tomatoes below, please write comments and questions using the comments function at the bottom of the page, thank you!
- 1 pc onion or shallots
- 1-2 pc garlic or young, green garlic
- 120 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans strained tomatoes or other tomatoes
- 1 tsp. brown cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 piches black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme or oregano or basil
- Cut the onion and garlic in half, peel and chop finely. I like to use young garlic and shallots as far as available, these are finer in aroma. Place a pot on top and heat two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sweat the onion and garlic cubes in the pot for 10 minutes until colourless. Optionally add a little sugar and caramelise the tomato soup slightly.
- Deglaze with the white wine, I like to use Prosecco, add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Let the soup simmer for 15-25 minutes. This is how the taste of the soup develops best. Note: If you have any tomato stems left over from fresh tomatoes, cook them in the soup, which adds to the fine aroma of the soup.
- Season the tomato soup with salt, pepper, sugar and herbs to taste and serve.
- You can refine the soup with freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino, with basil and freshly roasted bread croutons.
5. Calories (kcal.) tomato soup
6. Other Recipes for Tomato SoupItalian Tomato Soup made from braised Tomatoes, the secret Recipe from Italy
Tomato Soup made from fresh Tomatoes with Pesto and Monkfish or Tofu
Cold Tomato Soup
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Italian Soups
- Soups Recipes
- Summer Soups Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German