OTHER LANGUAGES: German
In this article I will show you How to Bread Schnitzel and prepare them perfectly. You will find a video and many step-by-step photos to the written explanations.
You can prepare pork schnitzel, chicken schnitzel, turkey schnitzel, venison schnitzel, venison schnitzel and for a real Viennese schnitzel a veal schnitzel in this way. I leave the choice of side dishes to you today, you will find some suggestions in the article.
1. How to bread properly
Before you start, wash the schnitzel, dry it, beat it, season it…
Please pay attention to the order: For the traditional breadcrumbs you need flour, eggs and breadcrumbs.
A long time ago I had a cookbook editor in my kitchen, she put the beaten meat slices straight into the egg and then put them into the breadcrumbs.
The meat must always be put
first into the flour,
second into the egg and
third into the breadcrumbs,
so that the breadcrumbs stick.
Wheat flour type 405 has proved its worth with flour, and star chefs like to use the Wiener Grießler.
Add some cream, salt, pepper and sweet paprika and your schnitzel will be really fine! Use best very fine baker’s breadcrumbs, the finer the breadcrumbs, the better the breadcrumbs will be.
Chefs use breadcrumbs prepared from white bread without rind. These special breadcrumbs are called “Mie de Pain” in the technical language of the chefs.
2. Schnitzel fry
For frying I recommend sunflower oil or maize germ oil.
- Heat a frying pan and let your schnitzel float in the fat.
- Swivel the pan, that’s what cooks call soufflieren, and the waved breading is created.
- The schnitzel is especially fine when you swivel it in foamed butter.
- Professionals brown the butter beforehand, the nut butter conjures up a great taste experience on the plate.
We know lard from grandma’s kitchen, but it has become rare.
I personally don’t like to use butter lard or ghee so much, the schnitzel gets too sweet in taste. Lard is rather retro and the kitchen smells unpleasant.
3. Cooking Video
I have built in my cook video for you below. You can look me with the escalope frying directly over the shoulder…
4. Recipe Schnitzel bread
Below are the instructions with photos and exact quantities. Wish you good luck!
- 1/2 pc lemon
- 1 tbs cranberries I'd rather take more!
- 2 pc Schnitzel escalopes, approx. 140-160 g and 5 mm thick cut
- 100 g flour sieved, Typ 405
- 2-3 pc eggs depending on size
- 2 pinches Paprika noble sweet please add to egg and stir
- 2 tbs cream please add to egg and stir
- 140 g bread crumbs
- 250-300 ml sun flower oil depending on the size of the pan
- 60 g Butter I like to use nut butter
- Cut the lemon into eighths or cut out a lemon star. You can also remove the seeds of the lemon right away, so they won't land on the carving! Prepare the cranberries and make extra parsley available for decoration.
- The promised side dishes Recommendation for this dish: potato salad, parsley potatoes, cucumber salad, tomato salad, lamb's lettuce, fried potatoes, ... see also the following links.
- Clean meat, dab dry, place on cling film.
- Cover the meat slices with cling film and beat with feeling. Then season the schnitzel on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Turn the schnitzel into flour, cooks call it flouring. The meat must be completely coated with flour.
- Pull the flour turned Schnitzerl through the egg. All the meat must be covered with egg on both sides. Season the egg with salt, pepper, paprika and add some cream.
- After bathing in the egg, place the schnitzel immediately in the breadcrumbs. Bread the meat evenly by gently pressing on it.
- Heat a pan with oil and gently swivel the breaded slices of meat in the oil until they swivel sensitively until golden yellow on both sides.
- Finish the side dishes as desired and arrange on warm plates.Remove the baked escalopes from the pan and drain the oil.Put the butter in the pan and melt. Swing the baked escalope in the butter and season with salt, then place on the warm plates.Serve with lemon and cranberries. I wish you a good appetite!
5. Nutritional Values
6. More RecipesWiener Schnitzel detailed recipe with exact technical explanations
Wiener Schnitzel with parsley potatoes and cranberries
Cordon Bleu recipe
Schnitzel breading with cornflakes
Baked chicken recipe for breaded chicken
Turkey schnitzel with muesli panade
Schnitzel Parisian style Matching potato salad recipes as an alternative side dish: Bavarian potato salad
Swabian potato salad
Potato Salad with mayonnaise
Viennese potato salad Other, matching side dishes: French fries
Bean Salad with green beans
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Cooking School and How To Wikis for your Kitchen
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
OTHER LANGUAGES: German