Grilling salmon, the methods and variations I present to you in this post. This will be a nice fish dish and guaranteed a quick number.
You can prepare your salmon fillet in the oven or on the grill grate in the garden. Grilling in a pan also works, but is less authentic. I’m sure you understand what I mean.
The oven variant of the preparation I show you in the recipe below, there is a cooking video. I wish you now good success and a good appetite!
1. Shopping List for Salmon Grilling
Here follows the handy list for your shopping:
- Salmon fillet with skin whole —> Order fish market
- Flame salmon seasoning —> Spice rack or order online
- Optionally other spices —> Original salt, pepper, brown sugar, chili
- Olive oil —-> Get supermarket or at the Italian of your confidence
- Rosemary and Thyme —> From the garden or pot
When shopping for salmon fillet, make sure it is fresh. Fresh fish does not smell and depending on where you live, please prepare the fish promptly.
Salmon fillet comes in different qualities. The price usually determines the origin and higher quality feeding.Fish buying tip from chef Thomas Sixt
2. Preparation Variants for Salmon Grilling
Further down the recipe I show you the variant of preparation in the oven. Therefore, I do not go to this quick number variant here. Here follow the variants grill grate and pan 🙂
2.1 Prepare Salmon Fillet on the Grill Grate
With this method, you can prepare the fillet with or without the skin. I like it better without skin. The use of skewers has proven itself.
I always soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Then I skewer the fillets in portions on the sticks.
This is so to speak a portion plug-in fish. The fillet can be placed elegantly on the grill grate and turning is child’s play.
2.2 Grill salmon fillet in the pan
You’ve probably seen these special pans with the grill pattern. You can use such a pan.
The real BBQ master chef shakes his head at something like this, he only likes gas or charcoal 🙂 The transition from frying to grilling is virtually fluid. Do not add fat to the hot pan, put the dry fish fillet and cook at high temperature.
Grilling is cooking by means of radiant or contact heat. Be careful with cured products: Nitrosamines are produced.Definition from Chef Thomas Sixt
3. Recipe Salmon Grilling
Now let’s get to the practical part of this article. Below I show you step by step the preparation in the oven. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via the comment function at the bottom of the page. Gladly me!
- 1 pc Salmon fillet as a whole
- 1 Sachet Flame salmon spice Optional salt, pepper, sugar, chili
- 1 pc Lemon I use organic lemon
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 1 bunch Rosemary
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Put the ingredients ready in the kitchen. Take the salmon fillet out of the refrigerator just before preparing. Prepare the spices, herbs and lemon. Preheat oven at grill level 220 ° C.
- Unwrap salmon fillet and wash under cold running water.
- Immediately dry the salmon fillet on kitchen paper.
- Cut salmon fillet in half down the middle and place skin side down on a baking sheet.
- Season salmon fillet, please use more or less depending on the spice.
- Place salmon fillet on the oven tray on the penultimate or last rack in the oven.
- Stand by the stove and monitor the cooking process. Duration approx. 10 minutes. Then remove the baking tray.
- Arrange the fish pieces on hot plates. I like to sprinkle sesame seeds on top or add some wild garlic oil or garlic oil drop by drop on the plate. Serve quickly, bon appétit!