I’ll show you my Roast Chicken recipe today.
The roast chicken from the oven is a simple dish. I prepare chicken, side dishes and sauce in the oven.
In this article I present you some marinades for the grill chicken, you can get to know exciting ideas for cooking yourself.
A cooking video also shows you how to prepare the marinades step by step. Have fun reading and good luck!
1. Roast Chicken marinate made easy
I’ve eaten the best grilled chicken ever in Saint Tropez.
A long time ago I worked there in different restaurants, the free day I could spend at the beach. Sometimes the cook also needs a break 🙂
I noticed the stall with grill chicken already on the second day. It was a normal grill with skewers, and the delicious, browned grill chickens smelled excellent.
In France many things are cooked better and differently… the colleagues prepared a Provencal vegetable in the lower part of the grill, in the drip tray. Peppers, garlic, aubergines lay there in a delicious sauce… No fries, no potato salad, just chicken with vegetables, gravy and baguette.
After a few days I could make friends with the grill chicken professionals. The recipe for the marinade I could learn later from Pierre.
Grill marinade for a chicken: 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika powder, 1 teaspoon sugar, pepper and salt
Pierre marinated his chickens in the morning after shopping at the market without salt. He then added salt to the basic marinade and brushed the chickens with a brush while grilling.
For preparing the chicken at home, I learned a few things for myself:
- Put the chicken in a freezer bag and the marinade together.
- Close the freezer bag, tie the knot and marinate the chicken well by massaging.
- Let the marinated chicken mature for 2-3 hours in the fridge with the spices.
- Prepare the chicken with vegetables on the baking tray in the oven at high temperature, 200°C hot air.
If you want it to go faster, just season the chicken with salt and pepper and put it directly in the oven with the vegetables. I’ll show you this variation later in the recipe.
2. Side Dish Ideas for Roasted Chicken from the Oven
You are standing in the supermarket looking for tasty side dishes to this dish, here is my list:
Vegetables to prepare in the oven:
- Sweet potatoes
- Peppers in various colours
- Champignons and other mushrooms
- Tomato salad
- Potato salad
- Green salad or colorful lettuce
- Cucumber salad
- Bean Salad with green beans
Further Side Dishes:
- Tomato rice
- Saffron risotto
- Roasted asparagus
- Grill asparagus
- French fries
- fried potatoes
- potato gratin
- baked oven potatoes
Sauces and Dips:
As a Bavarian, I like the chicken very much: Bavarian potato salad. Bavarian roast chicken, no matter where I am at the moment, I get really nice feelings of home here!
3. Recipe Roast Chicken
Now let yourself be carried away to cooking for yourself. Buy best a fresh chicken in organic quality, that does you and the planet good. Enjoy it!
- 2-3 tbs oliv oil
- 1 tsp red pepper noble sweet
- 1 tsp Curry
- 1 tsp sugar I use brown sugar.
- salt I use Ursalz or Himalaya salt.
- pepper I use black pepper.
- 1 pc chicken whole organic chicken
- 6 pc potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 3 pc bell peppers in various colors
- 1 pc courgettes
- 2 pc onions I like to use shallots
- 4 pc cloves of garlic
- 1 pc eggplant
- 10 pc small vine tomatoes
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 50 g Butter
- For the quick version, wash the chicken under running water, pat dry and place on a deep baking tray. Preheat the oven to 200°C hot air.
- Prepare the marinade to taste: For a mild chicken season only with salt, pepper and olive oil, for a typical grilled chicken mix paprika, curry, sugar, salt and pepper with the oil and coat the chicken with it. I will deal with marinating in the article point 1, please pay attention to my hints. Coat the prepared chicken generously with the marinade.
- Prepare vegetables according to season, the ingredients list is just a suggestion. Cut hard vegetables such as potatoes into quarters or eighths, halve peppers, remove seeds and remove stalks from them. Garlic and onions peeled and halved. You could add shallots whole without peel. Cut the aubergines into slices. You can add zucchini in slices and mushrooms a little later, so that the vegetables are firm to the bite on the plate.
- Put the vegetables to the marinated chicken and put into the oven. Set alarm clock to 20 minutes. Add the white wine and butter. You can also prepare the sauce with vegetable broth if you don't want the wine. Cook the chicken for a further 20-25 minutes on a low heat, then remove or carve it and place it on warm plates with the vegetables. Serve with the sauce. Enjoy your meal!
- This preparation is absolutely situation-flexible. You can add pumpkin in autumn and asparagus is also a good side dish. Another professional hint for the cooking point: You should cook chicken better. The breast is always ready before the legs. Gartest: You can measure the temperature by piercing with a thin fork. If colourless gravy comes out, the chicken is ready cooked.
4. Overview on Calories and Nutritional Values
5. More Recipes with Chicken
On my website you will find the following great recipes for your kitchen…