The recipe Jaegerschnitzel I show you in this post. The Schnitzel hunter’s escalope is called “Escalope chasseur” in French.
Classically you prepare the popular schnitzel with pork or veal. You also need a good gravy, shallots, mushrooms and butter.
Most questions about this preparation relate to the sauce…
How you can get a great sauce on your plate I will describe below.
Step by step photos accompany you while cooking, I wish you good luck!
1. Prepare an original Hunter’s Schnitzel
The naturally roasted Schnitzerl with mushrooms is prepared in different regional ways and put on the plate.
Here I present you my variant: For the sauce you need a veal stock from a glass or another simple gravy.
Please do not use beef gravy, it is too strong in taste.
The preparation is very simple:
- First clean the mushrooms and cut into small pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms in clarified butter over a high heat in a pan.
- Add finely chopped shallots and sweat briefly until translucent.
- Remove the mushrooms and shallots from the pan and place them in a bowl.
- Roast aromas have already formed in the pan.
- Lightly plate the schnitzel and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the meat in the pan with clarified butter on both sides and let it take on colour.
- Add a secret ingredient, see recipe!
- Add the mushrooms and shallots again, pour in the gravy or gravy and steam with a lid at a reduced temperature.
I have preparation, mushrooms first roast and then only the Schnitzerl, turned over. So the ingredients can unfold their wonderful taste when browned evenly.
2. Ideas for Side Dishes
My supplements recommendations to the Schnitzel after hunter kind here in a practical list…
- Fried potatoes
- Parsley potatoes
- Potato gratin
- Baked potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Celery puree
- Jerusalem artichoke puree
- Ribbon noodles
- Tomato salad
- Green salad
- Bean salad
The schnitzel, prepared without cream, goes well with many classic side dishes.
3. Recipe Jaegerschnitzel
Here now for your kitchen the step by step photorecipe. Wish you good luck…
- 1 pc shallots
- 10 pc mushrooms
- 40 g clarified butter
- 2 pc veal escalopes or pork schnitzel
- 2 pinches Paprika noble sweet my secret ingredient!
- 250 ml gravy roast pork juice or veal stock
- 1 tsp Butter
- Make the ingredients available, think about a side dish, I have prepared mashed potatoes as a side dish.
- Cut the shallot in half, peel and dice finely. Alternatively, you can use a yellow onion.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut them into slices or slices and fry them in a pan with clarified butter. The mushrooms may take on colour. Next, add the prepared shallots and sauté until colourless. Put the onions and mushrooms from the pan in a bowl.
- Gently tap the slices of meat between the cling film with a plating iron. Please do not use a classic meat chopper, otherwise you will leave marks on the meat.
- Season plated escalopes with salt and pepper and fry on both sides in a pan. Add onions and mushrooms to the pan.
- Season the preparation with a little sweet paprika, add the gravy immediately and cook for a few minutes with the lid on. You can serve a veal escalope lightly pink, please cook the pork and turkey.
- Arrange the hunter's schnitzel with the desired side dish and serve. Enjoy your meal!
4. Calories (kcal) Hunter's Schnitzel, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. More Schnitzel RecipesSchnitzel Parisian style
Cordon bleu, breaded schnitzel with cheese and ham filling
Schnitzel breading step by step instructions
Viennese Schnitzel with chef instructions and cooking video
Schnitzel with cornflakes
Schnitzel Viennese style with parsley potatoes and cranberries
Breaded turkey escalope with cooking video
Fried turkey escalope
Italian style veal escalope
Cream schnitzel simply prepared