I am glad that you found me, so I am happy to present you my recipe for Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce. A fast cooked food that everyone likes.
Gnocchi are great! They can be combined as flexibly as any pasta and provide culinary pleasure. The best thing is, they are made from potatoes and can also be gluten-free.
Gnocchi combine especially well with vegetables, as shown here with tomatoes and zucchini. This is healthy and a contribution to leave a green footprint in the world.
Have fun cooking and enjoy it!
1. The Preparation of the Tomato Sauce
I prefer to prepare my tomato sauce from the ripe and tasty vine tomatoes that I buy directly in the Italian shop.
For the real Italian touch I roast garlic in olive oil and add some wine, broth and tomato paste. Then add the tomatoes, wonderful…
Always prepare the sauce first. The sauce is waiting for the gnocchi!
2. Cook Gnocchi
I have already published the step by step instructions elsewhere: Have a look at Making Gnocchi yourself. Try it out, it’s easy and fast!
The fast way to gnocchi happiness: Buy fresh gnocchi from the supermarket’s refrigerated shelf of your choice and prepare them according to the instructions.
3. Vegetable Supplement
I like to use zucchini in this dish. That’s why I’ll tell you my cooking secret for the perfect zucchini preparation in the sauce:
- I quarter the zucchini and gut it. This way there are no bitter substances left.
- Then I cut my quarters into strips again and then cut the courgettes into evenly sized cubes.
- I fry the courgette cubes in olive oil before preparing the tomato sauce and put them aside after frying.
- When the cooked gnocchi join the tomato sauce, the fried zucchini cubes are added to the finished tomato sauce.
4. Recipe Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce
- 500 g floury potatoes z.B. Ackersegen or Bintje
- 150 g flour This is also available gluten-free.
- 1 pc egg
- 3 pinches salt
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 2 pc small or medium sized zucchini gourgettes
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 15-20 pc small tomatoes
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic I like to use young garlic
- 50 g tomato paste
- 60 ml white wine
- 60 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp majoram
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 50 g grated parmesan
- Wash the zucchini and cut the ends. Cut the courgettes in quarters. Cut out the inside with the seeds with a knife.Cut the courgette quarters into strips again twice lengthwise. Cut the zucchini cubes off the strips.Add oil to the pan and heat. Roast the zucchini cubes in the hot pan, lift them out of the pan and put them aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add chopped fresh garlic and fry.
- Add the fresh vine tomatoes to the pan. Add the tomato paste. Deglaze with white wine and stock. Season with marjoram, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Lightly mash the tomatoes in the pan.
- Finish cooking the tomato sauce in the pan for a good 10 minutes.
- Cook the gnocchi in plenty of salted water in a large pot for 2-3 minutes. When the gnocchi float on the surface of the water, they are cooked.
- Cut fresh parsley finely and add to the dish.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and the fried zucchini cubes to the tomato sauce and fold in.
- Finely grate the parmesan.
- Place the gnocchi in tomato sauce with zucchini on the preheated plate. Decently sprinkle grated parmesan over it.Enjoy your meal!