In this article I show you my Curry Rice recipe. For the basic recipe curry rice I like to use basmati rice and madras curry.
The Madras Curry is fruity, mild and gentle in appearance, at the same time absolutely tasty. You can serve my curry rice hot or cold, marinate any remaining rice with lemon juice and take a delicious curry rice salad with you into your work.
The preparation time is about 40 minutes. The dish is vegan and creates balance. Cook a great rice dish for yourself and your loved ones and enjoy it!
1. Curry Rice Basic Recipe simple
I have kept the recipe as simple as possible. You can put the ingredients for the basic recipe all in one pot, bring to the boil and finish the curry rice. The advantage is that the rice can absorb the flavours well, which results in a delicious rice dish. Please note the cooking time information on the rice package and try to cook the rice with a little bit of bite. Here is a tip from a professional chef:
Where curry comes in with something sweet like sugar, honey or agave syrup to balance the heat harmoniously!
2. Curry Rice with Vegetables
My curry rice with eggplant chips, tomatoes, raisins and onions is a refreshing and exciting dish. You can also add fried zucchini, peppers or asparagus. Simply cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and fry them in a frying pan, then add them to the boiled rice. Frozen peas, beans or chickpeas also go just as well with curry rice.
3. Curry Rice with Pineapple
Since raisins are sometimes not so popular, small pieces of pineapple are a sweet addition or alternative to raisins. You can use pineapple from the tin and cut it into small pieces or use a fresh pineapple. The preparation of the pineapple and the peeling of the pineapple is shown in the following video:
Personally I like raisins, sometimes I replace them with goji berries or barberries, the superfood adds red colour to the rice dish.
4. Curry Rice Recipe
Delicious, easy and fast, this curry rice you bring quickly on the plate and your loved ones will surely have a pleasure. If you want to peel the tomatoes and make real tomato cubes, you’ll find step-by-step instructions here to peel tomatoes and tomato concassée. When guests arrive and fish is highly appreciated these prawn skewer fit perfectly to curry rice.
- 150 g basmati rice
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tbs Curry Madras curry
- 1 tsp agave syrup alternatively honey or brown sugar cane
- 1 tsp salt ursalt with all minerals is healthy!
- 6 pinch pepper black, grounded
- 1/2 pc eggplant i.e. aubergine
- 200 ml sun flower oil or coconut fat
- 5 pc tomatoes large firm, fleshy
- 4 tbs raisins alternatively goji berries or barberries or pineapple
- 1 pc red onion
- 1 box cress alternatively radish in fine stripes
- 1 cup yoghurt or soy yoghurt
- 1 pc lemon or lime
- 1 bunch mint
- Put all the ingredients for the curry rice basic recipe in a pot, stir and bring to the boil with lid. After boiling, I set the stove to minimum power and let the rice finish cooking with the lid on. This takes about 25 minutes, I like it when the rice still has a slight bite.
- Cut the aubergine into thin slices and fry in hot sunflower oil at 170°C until crispy. Drain the aubergine slices in a bowl on kitchen paper, then season with salt and pepper. I like these aubergine chips in curry rice very much, because a crispy taste experience is added and the chips create a special mouthfeel..
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the core and cut the flesh into cubes. When I have more time, I blanch the tomatoes and peel them, a manual for tomato concassée (tomato cubes or tomato melt) can be found in the article linked.
- The curry rice should now be cooked to the end, put the rice in a bowl, add the raisins and the tomato cubes, I like to cut the red onion into strips and then lift them under the rice. Mix in the eggplant chips, I always save some of the chips for decoration.
- Try the curry rice again and season to taste, then arrange and decorate with cress, yoghurt and mint. Add lemon or lime and serve quickly. The vegan rice dish is a real pleasure and tastes great!
5. Calories Curry Rice
6. More Recipes with RiceRice salad Italian
Oriental rice salad with dates and vegetable