Chicken Drumsticks in Oven, Recipe with Video for easy Preparation
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Prepare Chicken Drumsticks deliciously
- 2. Marinate Chicken Legs with a nice Spice
- 3. Delicious Side Dishes with Chicken Leg
- 4. How long do Chicken Drumsticks need in the Oven?
- 5. Cooking Video for the Recipe
- 6. Recipe Chicken Drumsticks from the Oven
- 7. Chefs Tipps
- 8. Calories Chicken Drumsticks from the Oven, the Nutritional Values
1. Prepare Chicken Drumsticks deliciouslyI put the chicken legs on a baking paper on the baking tray or in a roaster. The oven is preheated and I tend to high temperatures of 200-220°C. When the chicken and vegetables are ready, I put them in the oven. Chicken legs in the oven with vegetables, this is practical and quickly prepared Tips for the preparatory work:
- Also check the chicken legs and remove the quills.
- Always prepare the chicken promptly, as poultry spoils quickly.
- Always cook the poultry meat thoroughly, the core temperature should reach more than 72°C for at least 10 minutes.
- The recipe can be supplemented with potatoes, courgettes and peppers.
2. Marinate Chicken Legs with a nice SpiceI like to season my chicken shanks with salt, pepper, thyme and olive oil. I like this seasoning and it tastes excellent to me. Tip for marinating chicken legs: My preferred handling of the marinades is quite simple. I use a 4-6 litre freezer bag, put the ingredients for the marinade directly into the bag, add the chicken legs, seal the freezer bag with a knot and massage the chicken legs evenly with the marinade. So I can put the chicken legs in the fridge or bring them to the barbecue.
Marinate the chicken drumsticks in a large freezer bag and massage in the marinade well!Ideas for Marinades:
|Rosmarin Marinade||Paprika Marinade||Curry Marinade||Hot und Spicy|
|1-2 EL Rosmarin getrocknet oder frisch||2 EL Paprika edelsüß||2 EL gelber Curry||1 EL gelber Curry und 1 EL Paprika edelsüss|
|je 2 Prisen Salz und Pfeffer||1/2 TL gelber Curry||Je 2 Prisen Salz und Pfeffer||1 EL Tomatenmark|
|1- 2 EL Olivenöl||1-2 EL Olivenöl||1-2 EL Olivenöl||3 Prisen Salz, Pfeffer, 1 EL Honig oder brauner Zucker|
|1/2 TL feinen Zitronenabrieb||1 TL brauner Zucker, je 3 Prisen Salz und Pfeffer||1 TL brauner Zucker oder Honig. 1/2 TL Limetten oder Zitronenabrieb||2 Prisen Cayennepfeffer|
3. Delicious Side Dishes with Chicken LegThere are several kinds of vegetables for my chicken legs: Either I make carrots, turnips, parsley roots, celery and leek from soup vegetables or there is the Mediterranean variant with fennel, peppers and zucchini. A homemade pesto goes very well with both chicken leg and vegetable varieties – if you simply season the chicken legs with salt and pepper (thyme or rosemary). I’ll show you fennel as a side dish for this dish, and you can also cook potatoes cut into quarters in the oven. Look at my oven vegetables, that would be an additional variant. Please note the size of the potatoes in the case of the potatoes. You can peel the potatoes or prepare them with peel, just the way you prefer. In any case, the potatoes should be cut into slices or eighths so that the potatoes are cooked with the chicken legs.
Chicken legs taste delicious with potato saladYou can also serve potato salad with the chicken legs. I recommend you a mayonnaise potato salad or my Bavarian potato salad ingenious is the recipe classic potato salad .
4. How long do Chicken Drumsticks need in the Oven?The cooking time of the chicken legs depends on the size and the power of your oven. My chicken legs need about 30 minutes at 220°C, the oven is preheated. If you marinate the chicken legs with paprika or curry then please reduce the temperature to 180°C and pay attention to the browning of the chicken legs, reckon 5-10 minutes more cooking time. The chicken legs are always crispy when hot air is used and seasoned well with salt. Note that the oven is preheated, you can slightly increase the temperature towards the end of the cooking time to help the crisping process.
5. Cooking Video for the Recipe
6. Recipe Chicken Drumsticks from the Oven
Chicken Drumsticks from the Oven
Chicken legs cooked in the oven with fennel and lemon, olive oil and marinade. A recipe by Thomas Sixt.
|2||pc||chicken drumsticks (chicken legs)|
|1||pc||clove of garlic|
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius hot air.
Place the chicken legs in a roaster, halve the fennel, remove the green and the stems.
Cut a few millimetres (the dry one) from the fennel root. Eighth the fennel, make sure that the fennel pieces hold together at the root.
Place the fennel pieces on the chicken legs, season all ingredients with salt, pepper and chilli, place the roaster in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
Finely chop the garlic, add the juice of the lemon, season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli – mix with olive oil and place in a bowl to serve.
Arrange the fried chicken legs with the fennel, drizzle some gravy with it and serve with the prepared lemon and olive oil marinade.
7. Chefs Tipps
- The cooking time of the chicken depends on the oven. Some stoves, especially older models, do not reach this temperature, then it takes a little longer.
- When cutting the fennel I put the fennel green aside and use it later for decoration.
- The fried fennel can be beautifully combined with leaf salads and diced tomatoes to make a colourful salad.