Here I show you my recipe for Butter Beans. The green beans prepared with butter are a popular side dish for various main courses.
In this article I show you an insider tip from the world of star gastronomy. It also includes information and tips on how to keep the beans green. I have documented the preparation for you step by step with photos.
Have fun reading and good luck!
1. Preparing Butter Beans short Overview…
- After removing the ends, cook the beans in boiling salted water until al dente and then in ice water.
- The green colour of the bean is retained by the rapid cooling.
- Foam the butter in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Then lightly brown and pass through a fine sieve. You need a stainless steel hair sieve because the butter is very hot.
- The browned butter is also called nut butter and is preferred in star restaurants.
- Nut butter makes a special dish out of your beans!
- Just before serving, swivel the blanched beans in the nut butter and heat them up.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
2. Butter Bean Recipe
Below you will find step-by-step photo instructions and supplementary tips.
- 200 g green beans
- 1 tsp salt I use Himalayan salt
- 3 pinches black pepper
- 50 g Butter
- Wash and dry the beans and cut off the ends.
- Prepare the beans for blanching. Place a pot of water on top and bring to the boil. Season the water with salt.
- Place the beans in the boiling water and blanch until al dente.
- Then cool the cooked beans in cold water. Water with ice cubes is ideal. Place the beans on a sieve to drain.
- Foam the butter in a saucepan. I always do this with two packets of butter, so I have pure butterfat or ghee or browned nut butter in stock.
- Pass the browned butter through a stainless steel hair sieve and make ready.
- Heat the prepared, blanched and cooled beans in the nut butter shortly before serving, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the butter beans and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
3. Butter Beans Calories, the nutritional values at a glance
4. Matching recipesYou can find my recipe for bacon beans elsewhere. Side salads:
Potato Salad Recipes
tomato salad Butter beans go with it:
Steak with beans
knuckles of lamb