OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here is my simple Blueberry Cake recipe. Blueberries are a real superfood, the blue berries are full of vital substances.
Blueberry cake is called regional blueberry cake or blackberry cake.
My blueberry cake harmonises perfectly with vanilla ice cream or yoghurt ice cream and nobody says “no” to whipped cream. This makes your guests happy and brings joyful faces to the summery table.
This light and fluffy fruit cake is really quick to prepare with my recipe and you only need a few ingredients.
I wish you lots of fun baking and enjoying the blueberry cake!
1. Blueberry Cake Checklist for Purchasing and Preparation
You need for a delicious blueberry pie:
- A 24cm diameter round cake baking tin
- Stirrer and bowl
- Flour, you can use wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- Vanilla sugar
- Baking powder
2. Blueberry Season
The main season for blueberries and bilberries in Germany is from June to September.
The blueberries are available in the supermarket all year round. In the spring they mostly come from Spain, in the winter they are imported from South America.
In my Bavarian region there are many possibilities to buy the blueberries directly from the producer or to pick them myself.
I also remember my childhood, when we looked for the blueberries ourselves in the local forest: “Gehst mit zum Hoiwabroka?” English: Are you coming to pick the berries?… Yes, from hand to mouth 🙂
3. Blueberry Cake with a quick Sponge Dough
The blueberry cake with sponge dough is a simple fruit cake and is successful in a short time.
Preheat oven at 190 °C hot air. You can bake the cake on top or bottom heat.
I start by greasing the cake tin and brushing it with liquid or soft butter.
Then I dedicate myself to the fruit topping:
- Wash the blueberries and pat dry.
Now it’s time for the dough preparation:
- Simply mix the dough ingredients in the order shown.
- The dough should have a nice volume, which means whip well.
4. Decoration for the Blueberry Cake
Once the cake is out of the oven, sprinkle with plenty of icing sugar after it has cooled down.
You can also decorate the blueberry cake with a topping or frosting, here the Frosting Blueberry Cupcakes recipe.
5. Blueberry Cake Recipe
After this brief outline of the baking process, I will now show you in detail, step by step with detailed photos, how you come to a fluffy delicious blueberry pie – homemade.
Have fun and good luck!
- 3 pc eggs
- 130 g brown sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 130 g flour
- 130 g Butter soft or lightly melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 400 g blueberries washed
- 50 g powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven at 190°C hot air. Grease the cake tin, 24 cm diameter, with enough butter. I always like to use a kitchen paper instead of a kitchen brush. Wash blueberries and dab dry with kitchen paper. Beat the beaten eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar for 4 minutes until foamy.
- Add baking powder, flour and butter to the mixture and mix for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the cake mixture into the baking tin and spread the blueberries over the dough.
- Bake the blueberry cake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C, remove the ring from the baking tin while still hot and allow the fruit cake to cool. Let the icing sugar "snow" on the cake with the help of a fine sieve.
6. Calories (kcal) Blueberry Cake, an Overview of Nutritional Values
7. More Recipes with BlueberriesBlueberry muffins
OTHER LANGUAGES: German