OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my recipe Pizza Prosciutto. You can prepare the popular mafia cake in different variations.
Cooked ham pizza or pizza with air-dried ham (crudo) and rocket, you have to make this decision yourself!
In this article I’ll show you how to prepare it step by step with lots of photos to whet your appetite.
Now quickly listen to the music, I like to hear Pavarotti when kneading dough, the dough is definitely getting better!
- 1. Which Ham is the best?
- 2. I recommend this Pizza Cheese to you!
- 3. Preparing Italian Pizza Dough
- 4. Bake the Pizza in your Home Oven
- 5. You can find the Recipe here
- 6. Calories and Nutritional Values
- 7. More Ideas from the Baking Tray
1. Which Ham is the best?
To make the selection easier for you I have prepared an overview for you here…
|Mozzarella or other cheese (see cheese table)||Italian boiled ham cut into thin slices.||Ham and cheese baking together|
|Parmesan cheese finely grated||Air-dried ham, cut into wafer-thin slices.||Place the ham, rocket salad and parmesan on top after baking.|
1.1 Variants with cooked Ham
For the cooked ham pizza, proceed as described in the recipe below. The ham bakes with the remaining ingredients covered with cheese.
1.2 Variant with air-dried Prosciutto crudo
For the variant with air-dried ham I have the simple instructions here:
- I recommend you a not too long matured, wafer thinly sliced Parma ham
- Cover your pizza dough only with tomato sauce and mushrooms
- You can’t put on much mozzarella in addition.
- Now off into the oven!
- Final, shortly before serving, place the Parma ham slices and rocket on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with cold olive oil and serve quickly.
2. I recommend this Pizza Cheese to you!
You can use any cheese you like. Here you will find a good selection:
|Mozzarella di Bufala Campana||light, fine||delicious|
|Dutch cheese like Gouda||to heavy||🙁|
3. Preparing Italian Pizza Dough
Today we leave the finished dough on the shelf and show the delivery service the cold shoulder! Here follows my concentrated information load of pizza dough tips, after all I’m waiting for an invitation from you!
Flour for pizza dough…Ideal is type 405!
Best dough guidance… Let the yeast dough rise in the fridge for 24 hours.
Freeze pizza dough? Better freshen it up!
Dough secret tip… use mineral water!
3.1 Ingredients for the yeast dough
- flour type 405 (organic product is the best!)
- fresh yeast
- lukewarm water or mineral water
- olive oil
- brown sugar
3.2 Quickly prepare Pizza Dough
In the overview the simple steps:
- Knead the ingredients with the kneading hooks and then form a dough ball.
- Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel and place in the oven.
- Leave your yeast dough to rise for about 30 minutes at a maximum temperature of 30°C.
If you cannot adjust your stove below 50°C, please use only the light. Turning on the light switch usually generates enough heat so that the dough can go well.
After 30 minutes I recommend to knead the dough with some flour and roll it out.
Then I bring the dough with a thickness of approx. 3 mm on the baking sheet with baking paper or on the pizza trays.
I let my dough rise again for about 15 minutes.
3.3 Preparing yeast dough using the 24-hour method
Prepare the yeast dough with room-warm sparkling mineral water. Then cover and leave to “rise” in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Yeast dough according to the 24-hour method: A digestible and pleasant dough with a super Italian feeling!
Basically, you can let the pizza dough rise for up to 48 hours. Afterwards please bake!
4. Bake the Pizza in your Home Oven
What is the ideal temperature? Do I have to preheat the oven? Here is a summary of the pizza oven secrets:
- Use baking trays with baking paper or coated pizza trays
- Pizza stones need a long preheating time. Therefore, please use only if your time allows!
- Preheat the oven to at least 220°C, a real pizza oven will reach more than 300°C depending on the design.
- In my experience, the best way to bake a pizza is hot air in combination with top/bottom heat.
How many degrees does a pizza need? The temperature range between 200 and 210°C is optimal!
Why is top/bottom heat with hot air good? Because in a real pizza oven there is not only high heat but also a flow of air.
Let us now take care of the preparation…
5. You can find the Recipe here
Here you can find the recipe with photo preparation steps… Questions I answer gladly over the comment function at the end of the side.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German