OTHER LANGUAGES: German
The mussels with curry have an exotic touch, I use ginger, coriander and curry for the mussel stock.
I show the preparation step by step in the cooking video Mussels with Curry.
Good success! I would be happy if you share this post on Facebook and Pinterest and tell your friends. I wish you good luck!
- 1. Preparing Mussels properly
- 2. Mussels with White Wine dry
- 3. Mussels with Curry
- 4. Which Curry is the right one for Mussels?
- 5. Decoration for my Curry with Cream and Mussels
- 6. Cooking Video Mussels with Curry
- 7. Recipe Mussels with Curry
- 8. Side Dishes with Mussels in Curry Cream
- 9. Nutritional Values Mussels in Curry
1. Preparing Mussels properly
Buy fresh mussels, wash thoroughly, change the cold water several times. Clean the mussels and then process them further. Since I have written a very detailed article on this subject, I would like to draw your attention to the article mussels in white wine – there is every conceivable mussel info in detail: mussels season, mussels clean, how do I recognize good and bad mussels?
2. Mussels with White Wine dry
Mussels simply need white wine and it should be dry. I like to use Prosecco for the preparation of mussels. It would be ideal to use the same wine for cooking as for drinking afterwards.
3. Mussels with Curry
As written at the beginning, sometimes it needs a little change. But my recipe for mussels with curry, ginger, coriander and cream is great. Not everyone likes coriander, you can also use parsley.
4. Which Curry is the right one for Mussels?
You can use green curry paste, which we know from Thai cuisine, or curry powder, the spice mixture. Mild or spicy is up to you. I prefer the mild curry, which flatters the mussels very much.
4.1 Curry and Mussels what is important?
Where curry is in it, I always add some sugar or honey. Just like the tomato sauce, the sauce with curry also tolerates some sweetness and thus becomes finer and more balanced on the palate. So put some neutral honey (no forest or meadow honey, it is too strong) in the curry stock or take brown or white sugar.
5. Decoration for my Curry with Cream and Mussels
I like it colorful, the curry makes the stock nice yellow, with green parsley or the coriander is almost a round picture. I additionally sprinkle red berries, also falsely known as red pepper, over the mussels. The red berries are sweetly spicy and go well with curry and mussels.
6. Cooking Video Mussels with Curry
7. Recipe Mussels with Curry
OTHER LANGUAGES: German