Wiener Schnitzel Recipe with Parsley Potatoes and Cowberries
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Which Oil is the Right One?At a glance, 90% of chefs bake the breaded meat in sunflower oil or corn oil. The fried meat is then turned into butter and put on the plate. Lard is usually only available in the grandma’s kitchen or in her imagination. Now I can already hear the question, what does it look like with clarified butter? Clarified butter or ghee makes the preparation very sweet, so it is rarely used. My favourite variant with nut butter:
- Prepare browned butter in an extra saucepan.
- Bring butter to the boil, simmer, as in the preparation of clarified butter.
- Continue to heat butter and let it brown.
Breaded meat and nut butter, Mr. Witzigmann is also pleased about this.Breaded original Wiener Schnitzel with parsley potatoes and cranberries.
2. Meat and BreadcrumbsI recommend you meat in organic quality. Let the butcher cut and prepare the meat slices for you. During the preparation further down I still go into the meat knocking, further reading is worthwhile itself… Organic meat does you good and the planet good. Let the butcher prepare the slices for you. Take a special look at the breadcrumbs: The finer the breadcrumbs – please use real baker’s breadcrumbs and not coarse-grained industrial goods – the better the breaded schnitzel on the plate. The best breadcrumbs are called…Here’s the second trip to star gastronomy… Remove the rind from the fresh white bread and let it dry. The bread finely to bread crumbs process, these particularly fine crumbs call cooks: Mie de Pain.
3. Breading done rightSeason the beaten meat slices with salt and pepper, then turn in flour, then pull through the beaten egg, finally turn in breadcrumbs and press gently. The meat must always be first in the flour, then in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. This is the only way for the breadcrumbs to adhere to the meat. Fry the meat in the oil and add the famous wavy breading. The breaded meat must float in the fat to make it really good. Heat the oil, put in the meat and toss the pan while frying.
The “pan swivel” we call cooks “soufflieren”. The waved breading is created by this.Now a little in the nut butter… wonderful… let it taste you!
4. Schnitzel prepare VideoTo get you in the mood, I have now built in my cooking video. You can look directly over my shoulder when preparing schnitzel roasts and side dishes and learn all the professional cooking tips directly.
5. Recipe Wiener Schnitzel with Parsley Potatoes and CowberriesFollowing my instructions with exact quantities and step by step photos. I hope you like it!
Wiener Schnitzel Recipe with Parsley Potatoes
Recipe with video and step by step photos for breaded veal escalope with potatoes and parsley.
Ingredients for Parsley Potatoes
|350||g||Potatoes (I like to use new potatoes)|
|1/2||bunch||Parsley (put some twigs aside for decoration!)|
|1||tbs||cowberries (I'd rather take more!)|
|2||pc||veal escalopes (140-160 g and cut 5 mm thick)|
|100||g||Flour (sieved, Typ 405)|
|2-3||pc||eggs (depending on size)|
|2||pinches||Paprika noble sweet (please add to egg, stir)|
|2||tbs||breadcrumbs (please add to egg, stir)|
|250-300||ml||sun flower oil (depending on pan size)|
|60||g||butter (I prefer to use nut butter!)|
Cook the potatoes in salted water in their skins, drain and peel. You can peel large potatoes first, cut them in half or quarters depending on their size, then cook them in salted water and drain them. Put the potatoes with the butter in a pan.
Cranberries and Lemon prepare
Cut lemon into quarters or cut out a lemon star. Prepare the cranberries, finely chop some parsley for the parsley potatoes. Make some parsley ready for decoration.
Place the prepared slices of meat on cling film.
Cover the meat with cling film and beat carefully. Season the meat slices on both sides with salt and pepper.
Turn the slices of meat in flour, cooks call it flouring.
Pull the floured slices of meat through the egg. The entire escalope must be covered with egg on both sides.
Then turn the meat slices into breadcrumbs. Gently press the schnitzel into the breadcrumbs until it is evenly breaded.
Heat a pan with oil and fry the breaded slices of meat gently on both sides until golden yellow.
Heat the prepared potatoes in the pan and toss in the butter. Season with salt and pepper and finish with the finely chopped parsley.
Remove the baked escalopes from the pan, drain the oil, pour the nut butter into the pan and heat briefly. Swing the baked escalopes in the nut butter and season with salt, then place on the warm plates.
Serve with lemon and cowberries. Enjoy your meal!
6. Calories (kcal) Wiener Schnitzel with Potatoes and Parsley, Overview of Nutritional Values
7. More Recipes
Wiener Schnitzel detailed recipe with exact technical explanations
Wiener Schnitzel with parsley potatoes and cranberries
Cordon Bleu recipe
Baked chicken recipe for breaded chicken
Turkey schnitzel with muesli panade
Schnitzel Parisian style
Matching potato salad recipes as an alternative side dish: