Here I show you my vegetable risotto recipe. You can prepare the risotto with vegetables all year round in different variations.
Today I have refined the risotto with bear’s garlic. Wild garlic is available from the middle of March until the beginning of May. Harvest the bear’s garlic before the blossom, bear’s garlic smells softly of garlic. If you want to be sure, buy the wild herb at the market or supermarket.
Vegetable risotto is generally vegetarian and if you need a vegan variety, you can replace the pecorino or parmesan with freshly roasted and finely grated almonds. This tastes great and makes everyone happy.
Discover here all tips for your perfect vegetable risotto, let yourself be inspired to cook for yourself, cook a great dish for your loved ones. Good luck!
1. Vegetable Risotto Shopping List for the Supermarket
For your vegetable risotto you need the following ingredients:
- 1-2 shallots or young onions
- risotto rice
- optional dry white wine or Prosecco
- vegetable broth
- butter, olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg
- Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
Risotto with wild garlic:
- wild garlic fresh
- cream or soy cream
- vegetable broth
- mushrooms, chanterelles, porcini mushrooms
- fennel (optional)
- white asparagus (optional)
- asparagus green (optional)
- cocktail tomatoes (optional)
- pumpkin (optional)
I’ve combined mushrooms and courgettes in this recipe. Asparagus fits as well, I wouldn’t add fennel. Cocktail tomatoes can always be added, that brings more colour to the plate and a pleasant acidity. The pumpkin is ideal in autumn in combination with mushrooms and courgettes.
3. Recipe Vegetable Risotto
Below you will find the recipe for vegetable risotto. With the tips in the article you can adapt the recipe flexibly according to the season and your own taste. I wish you every success!
- 120 g risotto rice
- 1-2 pc shalotts
- 300-400 ml vegetable broth
- 40-60 ml olive oil
- 20-40 g Butter omit for vegan version!
- 80 ml dry white wine optional!
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 6 pinches salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml cream or soy cream
- 1 bunch Bärlauch
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 250 g mushrooms
- 10 pc almonds freshly roasted, finely grated as vegan cheese substitute
- 15 ml olive oil
- 40 g Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- some majoram Fresh for decoration
- Sweat the raw risotto rice and diced shallots in a pot with a little butter and olive oil. Add the white wine, bring to the boil with the vegetable stock and simmer until light. Stir the risotto constantly. If you want to prepare the bear's garlic variant, bring the vegetable stock to the boil, add cream or soy cream, add bear's garlic cut into small pieces, bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Then mix and pass through a fine sieve after 5 minutes. Use the bear's garlic sauce to prepare risotto instead of broth.
- Chop the zucchini and mushrooms and fry them in a pan with olive oil. Let the vegetables colour and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Leave the vegetables next to the stove. For the variants: Fry the fennel directly, peel the asparagus and cut into pieces, cook briefly - then fry, peeled pumpkin, cut into pieces, cook until al dente and then fry.
- If you want to add cocktail tomatoes that marinate for example in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and caramelize with the cream Brulee burner. You can also caramelize the tomatoes briefly in the pan if you don't have a Creme Brulee burner at home.
- Finely grate the Pecorino or Parmesan cheese. Refine the risotto with a little cheese, butter and olive oil until creamy. For the vegan version of the vegetable risotto only use olive oil and grate the almonds fresh and fine. Arrange the vegetable risotto on a warm plate in the middle, add the vegetables, decorate and serve quickly.
4. Calories Vegetable Risotto, the Nutritional ValuesThe nutritional values are calculated for the vegetable risotto with courgettes and mushrooms.
5. Other Recipes for RisottoVegetable Risotto with Truffle
Red Wine Risotto
Simple Asparagus Risotto
Saffron Risotto with Prawns or Fish,