This is how you cook an ingenious vegetable Risotto with Truffle Foam. Vegetarian Recipe to enjoy!
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Vegetable Risotto Mediterranean with Oven VegetablesThis risotto is made Mediterranean by the selected vegetables and the preparation: I prepare the vegetables consisting of courgettes, eggplants, mushrooms and tomatoes in the oven. This is practical and does little work. Put a baking paper on the baking tray, cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces except for the cocktail tomatoes and distribute the vegetables on the baking paper. I season the vegetables gently with salt, pepper, thyme and sprinkle the vegetables with a little olive oil. Leave the tomatoes whole and sprinkle with some sugar, so they caramelise in the oven quite delicious. Now place the prepared vegetables in the preheated oven at 200°C hot air for about 30 minutes. This risotto with vegetables is delicious and delights the palate with its fantastic combination of roasted vegetables, thyme and creamy truffle foam.
2. Vegetarian Risotto homemadeWhile the vegetables are cooking in the oven I prepare the risotto on the stove. The risotto rice comes today directly into the pot with some butter and olive oil. Sweat the risotto rice carefully without colour, this is called toasting. Now quickly deglaze with dry white wine and vegetable broth and continue cooking the risotto simmering lightly while stirring.
3. Truffle Foam or White Truffle Sauce with Risotto and VegetablesIn this dish, the sauce is made directly in the risotto pot: In the next step, add cream to the risotto mixture. You can use soy cream or normal cow’s milk cream or whipped cream. Let the cream slowly soak into the boiling risotto so that the cream does not flocculate. The practical thing about this dish is that the truffle sauce is made when you prepare the risotto and you don’t need any extra sauce. I keep the risotto for it additionally with broth rather liquid. Now grate the cheese finely, pluck some thyme freshly, season the risotto with salt, pepper and some nutmeg. The rice now has the perfect consistency after about 18-20 minutes. I now pass the cream stock from the risotto pot into an extra pot and boil the cream sauce once. Stir the risotto with some cheese, butter and olive oil until creamy and season to taste. Arrange the risotto on warm plates and add the vegetables from the oven. Refine the cream sauce with truffle oil, mix until foamy with a hand blender and add to the risotto. Sprinkle the risotto with thyme and cheese and serve quickly. WOW! That turned out great. WOW, the vegetable risotto looks delicious: With Mediterranean oven vegetables, truffle sauce and thyme you conjure up an excellent dream risotto on your plate.
4. Vegetable Risotto RecipeBelow my recipe for vegetable risotto in the summary. I wish you good luck!
Prepare risotto with vegetables, vegetarian with Mediterranean oven vegetables and white truffle sauce. Recipe with picture and many tips from cooking trainer Thomas Sixt.
|2||pinch||brown cane sugar|
|180||g||Risotto Rice Arborio, Vialone nano|
|80||ml||dry white wine|
|1||tsp||fresh thyme (plucked)|
|1-2||tbs||truffle oil (white truffle oil)|
Preheat oven stage to 200°C hot air. Cut the eggplant and zucchini in half lengthwise and quarter them, then cut them into pieces about 0.5 cm thick. Depending on size, cut mushrooms in halves or quarters, place all vegetables on a baking tray with baking paper, marinate with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, sprinkle the cocktail tomatoes with a little sugar. Put the vegetables in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Sweat the risotto rice in a saucepan with a little butter and olive oil. Deglaze with the white wine, add the vegetable stock and continue cooking simmering, stirring, adding cream and keeping the risotto liquid. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
After about 18 minutes cooking time, test the risotto in a bite and pour the cream sauce into an extra pot. I use a fine sieve for this. Bring the sauce to the boil, add cold butter and truffle oil and mix until foamy with a hand blender.
Grate the cheese finely and pluck the thyme finely. Stir the risotto with a little cheese, butter and olive oil until creamy, season to taste and serve on warm plates. The risotto on the plate should be creamy and liquid. Add the vegetables from the oven, add the truffle foam to the risotto, sprinkle with thyme and cheese and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
5. Calories Vegetable Risotto Overview of Nutritional Values
6. Other Recipes for Risotto