OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my Vegetable Pizza recipe. This is “Mafiacake” – which does without meat and fish and is deliciously fragrant on your plate.
“La donna e mobile… “the wonderful aria by Giuseppe Verdi from the opera Rigoletto some Germans associate with the flat bread – thanks to the advertisement for finished pizzas.
“La donna e mobile” means in German: “The lady is capricious – The lady is fickle”. Maybe it’s the frozen pizza with salami 😉
We both bake in any case something fresh and very tasty, which makes the lady happy again.
Now quickly the music on. We want to hear the incomparable Luciano Pavarotti sing and bake the pizza ourselves in your kitchen!
1.Perfect Pizza Dough Preparation
Luigi leaves the pizza oven cold today, therefore we bake today ourselves…
The perfect dough is decisive for enjoyment. You can vary the topping to your heart’s content.
Which flour do I use for the pizza dough? Flour type 405 is the first choice!
I asked the specialists how to make the perfect dough. Here are the most important tips:
- A very well-known and successful Italian pizza restaurant boss told me: The dough must rest for at least 24 hours. So the yeast can ferment in peace to the end, in advance and not only in the belly of the guests.
- I also had an incomparably great pizza in Spain. The restaurant boss told me: He even lets his raw pizza dough rest for 48 hours and uses bubbling mineral water in the dough.
Can fresh pizza dough be frozen? The Pizzaiolo says it’s better to prepare it freshly!
I also like to prepare my pizza dough with fresh yeast. I usually use the following ingredients:
- flour type 405 (organic product is the best!)
- fresh yeast
- lukewarm water + some mineral water
- olive oil
- a good pinch of brown sugar
1.1 Quickly prepare Pizza Dough
My dough comes after the first kneading as a thick ball in the bowl. With a very damp fresh kitchen towel I cover then bowl and thus also dough dumpling.
Now I put the yeast dough for about 30 minutes into the oven, which has a maximum temperature of 30° C. The dough is then put into the oven and the dough is then ready to eat. If you cannot adjust your stove below 50°C, please use only the light.
Light “on” produces enough heat in the oven and the yeast weights can do their work!
So the dough gains volume and rises wonderfully.
You can knead the dough again after 30 minutes and process it immediately.
Last tip at this point: Let the baking trays covered with dough rest in the oven for another 15 minutes, this will create the perfect volume!
1.2 Slowly prepare the Yeast Dough
I take the expert tip with the long fermentation in any case to heart. If my schedule allows it, I prepare the dough exclusively with room-warm, sparkling mineral water and let the dough “go” for up to 24 hours, overnight in the refrigerator.
Yeast dough with mineral water + 24 hours refrigerator maturation – The yeast weights slow down your activity and the dough becomes more digestible.
Basically, you can leave the pizza dough in the fridge even longer and use it later, because the dough will keep cool for a good 48 hours.
2. Which is the right Pizza Cheese?
Let’s just stick to the original here. Here you can find my cheese taste table for easy selection…
|Mozzarella di Bufala Campana||light, fine||delicious|
|Dutch cheese like Gouda||to heavy||🙁|
3. Bake Pizza at Home in the Oven
How does the pizza work in the home oven? What is the ideal temperature? Here are my tips for an authentic, perfect baking result in your home oven…
- Use baking paper and baking tray or coated pizza trays.
- Pizza stones are great, but you need some practice and a very long preheating time. Pizza stone is not my world!
- Preheat the oven to bake the pizza at at least 220°C, a real pizza oven will reach almost 300°C.
- The best way to bake a pizza is hot air in combination with top/bottom heat.
How many degrees does a pizza need? Aim for a temperature between 200 and 210°C!
Why top/bottom heat with hot air? Because in a real pizza oven there is not only high heat but also a stream of air.
Now let’s take care of the preparation…
4. This Way to the Recipe
Below are all the preparation steps with photos and tips… Please use the comment function at the bottom of this page to answer any questions you may have.
- 500 g flour I use type 405
- 30 g yeast or 1 pack dry yeast fresh yeast is best
- 3 pinches sugar I use brown sugar
- 230 - 250 ml lukewarm water or mineral water
- 4 tbs oliv oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can canned tomatoes
- 1 pc onions
- 1 pc clove if garlic
- some salt
- some pepper
- some sugar
- some thyme or Oregano
- 1 pc tomato
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 5 pinches salt
- 5 pinches black pepper
- 3 pinches sugar
- 100 g fresh basil leaves
- 1 pc yellow onions
- 2 pc red bell pepper
- 2-3 packages Mozzarella see table
- 1 twig rosemary
- 1 pinch chilli
- 1 tbs oliv oil or herb oil
- Preheat the oven to 30 °C. Follow my tip in the article. Sieve the flour fresh and put it in a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients for the yeast dough.
- Process the dough with the kneading hooks.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough in the bowl, cover with a cloth and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the tomato sauce: You can season the chunky tomatoes directly with salt, pepper and sugar or sweat an onion-garlic mixture and refine the tomato sauce accordingly.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices for the topping.
- Cut the peeled onion into thin slices.
- Cut the peppers into thin strips.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices.
- Remove the mozzarella from the packaging, dry and grate coarsely or pluck finely.
- Remove the leaves from the basil collar.
- After 30 minutes the dough volume has doubled.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven and knead with your hands. Use some flour if necessary. Prepare the pizza either on the baking tray with baking paper or with coated pizza trays. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2-3 mm and place it on the trays.
- Place the baking tray or pizza tray with the dough back in the oven and leave to rise at 30° C for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza trays from the oven and preheat the oven to 220°C top/bottom heat or combination hot air. Spread the prepared tomatoes thinly on the pizza dough.
- Place mushrooms and prepared vegetables on top according to taste.
- Spread the basil leaves over the pizza topping.
- Finally, cover with the grated cheese.
- Now bake in the oven, the cooking time is 10-15 minutes. Depending on how much power your stove has.
- Serve quickly, I like to cut into pieces before serving!
5. Calories and Nutritional Values
6. More Ideas from the Baking TrayTuna Pizza
OTHER LANGUAGES: German