Here I show you my vegetable omelette recipe. I like to serve the egg dish in the shape of a half moon and stuffed.
For breakfast or brunch, as a quick lunch, the dish always fits and succeeds easily.
Now follow me into the kitchen and let yourself be inspired! Enjoy watching the cooking video and photos. Good luck with your cooking!
1. Shopping list for your vegetable omelette
I’ve left you a handy list for your supermarket shopping. You will need:
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt for blanching and seasoning
- 1 piece of courgette
- Some parmesan cheese
- Sunflower oil, rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 4-5 eggs
- Pepper and cayenne pepper
- Fresh basil
When buying eggs, please look carefully at the packaging. Organic eggs taste better, I love Demeter eggs, with them you buy yourself a good feeling at the same time.
2. Selecting the right pan for omelette preparation
I don’t know your equipment and would still like to achieve the best possible result for you. In some pans, the egg dish doesn’t work so well. Here are some tips and notes:
– Use a coated pan, the egg dish is guaranteed to succeed!
– Avoid a “normal” stainless steel pan, the egg tends to stick!
– Use a burnt iron pan that has already achieved a non-stick effect!
Don’t be put off, even star chefs swear by coated pans. I’ll be offering a pots and pans shopping guide soon, so if you’re interested, get in touch!
3. How many eggs fit in the pan for a successful omelette?
Because you won’t find the answer to this question in almost any recipe, I’d rather write it down for you. If you put too many eggs in the pan, you won’t be able to turn the omelette well. Two to a maximum of three eggs have proven to be effective. Use a medium or small pan, with small pans please reduce the number of eggs to a maximum of two.
At the same time, you can choose the round shape or the classic half-moon shape. The graphic below helps with this consideration. The appeal of the recipe below is the half-moon shape: the vegetables hidden in the egg with cheese and basil develop great flavours. –> Please try it out!
Always prepare and share egg dishes with lots of love!Recommends Your Kitchen Whisperer Thomas Sixt
4. Recipe Vegetable Omelette
I hope you are inspired enough now and find everything in your fridge. Have fun with the preparation and good luck!
- 2 pc Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Salt for blanching tomatoes
- 1 pc Courgette
- 50 g Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 4-5 pc Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 4-6 pinches Pepper black, ground
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 10 g Butter or olive oil
- 1/4 bunch Basil
- 1 tsp Sunflower oil I like to use half butter
- Cut the tomato skin crosswise on the underside and blanch the tomatoes for 30-45 seconds and cool under cold water. Peel the tomatoes and cut into quarters. Remove the core and cut the flesh into cubes. Alternatively, leave the skin on the tomato and cut the flesh with the skin and without the seeds into cubes.
- Cut the courgettes into 5 mm cubes and sauté in a pan with a little oil.
- Finely grate the cheese.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and mix with a fork.
- Cream the butter in a hot pan.
- Pour the prepared eggs into the pan and stir briefly with a fork.
- Allow the eggs to set, place some diced vegetables and cheese and plucked basil in the middle.
- Skilfully fold the omelette over and close it in a crescent shape.
- Quickly arrange the vegetable omelette and decorate with the remaining diced vegetables, cheese and basil. Enjoy your meal!