Vegan Chocolate Mousse for Gourmets
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Quick and easy Preparation of Vegan Dessert
- 2. Melting Chocolate without a Water Bath
- 3. Preparing the Bananas and Avocados
- 4. Mixing Chocolate and Fruit
- 5. Decorate and serve Chocolate Mousse
- 6. Recipe vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 7. Calories vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 8. Other Recipes for Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Cream
1. Quick and easy Preparation of Vegan DessertYou only need a few ingredients for this dessert, all you need is available in the supermarket. On the shopping list (or in the shopping app):
- A pack of dark chocolate coating
- A pack of cocoa powder
- A lemon or a small bottle of lemon juice
- A pack of vanilla sugar
- Four ripe avocados
- Four bananas
- For decorating fruits such as strawberries, pomegranates and oranges as well as fresh mint
2. Melting Chocolate without a Water BathFirst cut the chocolate into small pieces with a sharp knife and place the chocolate in a pot or in a coated pan. Chocolate cut into small pieces can be melted faster and more evenly than chocolate in one piece. Place the chopped chocolate in the pot or in the pan and melt at a low cooking temperature. Stir the chocolate from time to time so that it melts evenly. The chocolate must not get too hot, it does not need much heat. The optimum stove setting is 2-3 of 9 with a normal electric hob, with induction it is similar. Place the melted chocolate next to the stove.
Vegan chocolate mousse without silken tofu – tastes great!The vegan chocolate mousse is quickly prepared! Please try it now!
3. Preparing the Bananas and AvocadosPeel the cold bananas and crush them finely with a fork, then place them in a mixing bowl. Next, process the avodacos: I use the Hass variety because they are always nice ripe, cut the avocados in half with a knife, take out the pit and put the pulp to the finely squeezed banana. The shells of the halved avocados can be scraped out wonderfully with a spoon. Next pour lemon juice over the fruit and sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
4. Mixing Chocolate and FruitWhisk the prepared fruit with a hand mixer for approx. 2 minutes. Pour in the melted chocolate and cocoa and continue stirring until you have a creamy chocolate mousse. Fill the chocolate mousse quickly into glasses and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Note: Cold fruits and lip warm chocolate can be mixed well, if the chocolate is too hot the consistency suffers!Mix small squeezed bananas, mixed avocados, cocoa powder, lemon juice and vanilla sugar with melted chocolate – a quick and easy chocolate dessert to my taste!
5. Decorate and serve Chocolate MousseWhile the chocolate mousse stays in the refrigerator and becomes firm, there is time to dedicate yourself to the decoration and additions to the mousse. Pomegranate seeds convince in appearance and taste… Some ideas and tips for decoration:
- Strawberries: Place a few halved strawberries on the solid chocolate mousse.
- Mint: Put the mint twigs into the chocolate mousse and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- Nuts: Nuts, Pistachio chips Pistachio or almond flakes or roasted almond flakes
- Pomegranate Seeds: Cut a pomegranate in half with a knife and in a bowl with cold water (pomegranate dipped in water), roll out the seeds. This is quick, the white fibres float on the surface and the seeds sink to the bottom.
- Orange Fillets: I love to add orange fillets to my desserts, the acidity is pleasant and refreshing. At the same time, orange fillets look wonderful. I put the orange fillets in a fruit salad with this dessert, which I served with the chocolate mousse. I show you how to prepare the orange fillets in a video:
6. Recipe vegan Chocolate MousseFinally my recipe for this delicious vegan chocolate dessert, I think you’ll like it!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Recipe for vegan chocolate mousse based on avocado and bananas, delicious, light, creamy and a tasty sensation!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
|1||bar||dark chocolate (150 g)|
|4||pc||Avocados (variety Hass or other soft, ripe avocados - cold)|
|1-2||tbs||Cocoa (more cocoa, more powerful in taste!)|
|1||tbs||Pistachios chopped (or almond slivers, almond flakes, usw. )|
Cut the chocolate into small pieces, melt and prepare for stirring.
Squeeze the banana with a fork and place in a mixing bowl.
Halve the avocado and add the pulp to the banana.
Add lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
Stir quickly with the mixer, add melted chocolate and prepare a creamy chocolate mousse.
Pour the chocolate mousse into glasses and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Decorate and serve the chocolate mousse according to your wishes and tips in the article.