Today I’ll show you my great recipe for Tuna Salad. It is a wonderful light salad that you can prepare yourself. Rich in vitamins and colourful, the wonderful salad comes on the table and the many vegetable ingredients please the eye.
The tuna salad is a year-round dish, yet it is best served in spring and summer. Are you looking for an exciting salad when friends come to visit? A salad to grill? Then the tuna salad is just right!
I wish you good luck and a good appetite.
1. Which Tuna to use for Tuna Salad?
In advance, you can think about whether you would like to serve pickled tuna or fresh tuna on your salad.
You can buy fresh tuna as a frozen tuna steak, there is a lot of choice for pickled tuna. In addition to canned tuna, you can also choose from tuna in a jar.
Here the selection in the overview.
- Fresh tuna, frozen tuna steak
- Tuna in a tin boiled in water
- Tuna canned in oil
- Tuna in glass, pickled in oil
My favourite is the fresh tuna or the tuna in a jar. Among other things I have discovered a white tuna in the glass, you can take the tuna fillets and the fish tastes delicious.
When shopping for tuna, pay attention to a product from sustainable fishing. There are various seals that can be found on the products. The MSC.org seal, for example, is one of them.
The MSC seal guarantees fish from sustainable fisheries!
2. Prepare Tuna Salad according to Season
The tuna salad can be wonderfully adapted according to season and market offer. Here are some ideas:
- Asparagus cooked until firm to the bite
- Fried mushrooms, chanterelles and porcini mushrooms
- Fried fennel slices
- Boiled beetroot
- Cooked sweet-sour marinated pumpkin pieces
- Fried potato cubes
3. Recipe Tuna Salad
Below you will find the recipe for my tuna salad with tomatoes, avocado, onions, eggs and Romano salad. Questions about the recipe can be answered via the comment function.
- 2 tbsp white vine vinegar
- 6 tbsp orange juice Makes the salad dressing fruity!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 - 6 pinches black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon-mustard
- chili flakes
- 2 cans Tuna in oil
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g romana salad
- 2 pc Avocados
- 4 pc eggs I'll boil the eggs for 12 minutes.
- 8 pc tomato
- 1 pc cress
- 4 tbsp fresh pumpkin seeds I also like to use almonds
- 1 pc red onions I also like to use spring onions or shallots.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- I use white wine vinegar and orange juice for the salad dressing. The orange juice brings a wonderful freshness into the salad and offers a variety of flavours. Pour both ingredients into a large bowl, add salt, pepper, sugar, mustard and chilli and mix.
- Open the tuna can and stir the oil into the salad dressing. You can control the taste of the dressing yourself and use only half the oil. You can also add olive oil or walnut oil. Leave the tuna in the tin. Note: The tuna oil contains plenty of dissolved omega-3 fatty acids. Therefore I use the oil gladly for the dressing.
- Cut the lettuce hearts open, leave the leaves whole, wash in plenty of cold water and spin dry. Cut the avocados in half with a knife and place the flesh in a bowl with a teaspoon and sprinkle with lemon juice. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and add to the avocado. Season the tomatoes and avocado with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Cook the eggs for 12 minutes, rinse under cold running water, peel and cut into quarters. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Marinate the salad dressings with the dressing and arrange in bowls. Arrange the leaves in a circle and let them look up. Arrange tuna, avocado, cocktail tomatoes in the middle and drizzle with salad dressing. Sprinkle the salad with cress and roasted pumpkin seeds or almonds and serve quickly. You can optionally add onion rings to this salad. Marinate the salad ingredients individually, so you can arrange the salad nice little by little and conjure up a great salad picture ...
4. Calories Tuna Salad
5. Other recipes with tunaTuna steak with vegetables - Low Carb
Tuna salad with spinach and apple - Low Carb
Tuna noodles with garlic, parsley and peperoncino
Spaghetti with tuna and asparagus
Pasta salad with tuna with vegan and vegetarian variation
Tuna Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
Nizza Salad - Salad Nicoise
Tuna spread with herbs and vegetables