Tuna Fish Pizza – Pizza al Tonno Recipe with original Tips from Italy
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Bake your own tuna pizza, the most important tips at a glanceHow does the pizza work perfectly in the home oven? I keep stumbling over this question. Here are my tips for an authentic, perfect pizza baking result….
- Get baking paper or coated pizza trays.
- A pizza stone is a great thing, but you need some practice in handling.
- To prepare the yeast dough, preheat the oven to 30°C, the dough can then rise wonderfully in the oven and unfold its excellent aroma.
- Preheat the oven to bake pizza at at least 220°C, a real pizza oven will reach temperatures in the range of 300°C.
- The best step to baking pizza is from my experience hot air in combination with top/bottom heat.
Why top/bottom heat with hot air? Because in a real pizza oven there is not only high heat but also a stream of air. Let the yeast dough rise overnight in the refrigerator: Prepare the dough the day before and let it rest in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours. Italian pizza bakers prepare the dough this way.Let us now take care of the preparation… You can add other ingredients such as artichoke hearts, mushrooms and basil to the pizza. The picture shows my vegetable pizza. The tuna pizza, classic topped with tomato sauce, canned tuna, onions, cheese and peppers…
2. Tuna Pizza RecipeThe homemade yeast dough is the best pizza dough for me. I always let the dough go twice. The first time after mixing the ingredients, the second time when the pizza dough is on the tray. Below are all the preparation steps with photos and tips… Questions about pizza preparation can be answered via the comment function at the end of the page.
Tuna Fish Pizza with Onions and homemade Rosemary Oil
Prepare your own pizza tuna or pizza al tonno step by step. Instructions by professional chef Thomas Sixt. Successful safe Cehfkoch recipe.
For the pizza dough/yeast dough:
|230 - 250||ml||warm water|
For the tuna pizza topping:
|2||cans||Tuna in oil|
|2||pc||red bell pepper (small)|
|2||pc||yellow bell pepper|
For the herbal oil
|3||twigs||fresh rosemary (I also like to use thyme.)|
|1/2||pc||clove of garlic|
|some lemon abrasion|
Preheat the oven to 30 °C. Sieve the flour fresh and put it in a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients for the yeast dough.
Process the dough with the kneading hooks.
Form the dough into a ball.
Place the dough in the bowl, cover with a cloth and place in the oven.
After 30 minutes the dough volume has doubled.
Briefly press the rosemary needles and the peeled garlic into the mortar so that the essential oils can unfold. Fill into a glass with the lemon grater and add the chilli flakes. Fill with the olive oil.
Remove the pizza dough from the oven and knead with your hands. Use some flour if necessary. Prepare the pizza either on the baking tray with baking paper or with coated pizza trays. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3-4 mm and place it on the baking trays.
That’s how it looks on a pizza tray. Put the pizza dough back in the oven and let it rise for another 15 minutes at 30°C top/bottom heat.
Take the pizza trays from the baking oven and preheat the oven to 220°C top/bottom heat or combination hot air. For the pizza topping, place the chunky tomatoes in a bowl and mix with salt, pepper and sugar. Spread the prepared tomatoes thinly on the pizza dough without the rim.
Take the tuna out of the tin and let it drip off on a sieve. Spread the tuna on the tomato sauce.
Peel onions and plane into fine rings, spread on the pizza with tuna fish.
Remove the mozzarella from the packaging, dry and grate coarsely.
Halve the peppers, remove seeds, wash, dry and cut into thin strips. Spread over the pizza.
Bake the pizza in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Cut the pizza open and serve with the prepared herb oil and black olives.
3. Calories Tuna Pizza
4. Other Pizza Recipes
5. Other Recipes with Tuna
Tuna steak with vegetables – Low Carb
Tuna salad with spinach and apple – Low Carb
Tuna Salad with Romana Salad, Tomatoes, Avocado and Egg
Tuna noodles with garlic, parsley and peperoncino
Spaghetti with tuna and asparagus
Pasta salad with tuna with vegan and vegetarian variation
Tuna Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes
Nizza Salad – Salad Nicoise
Tuna spread with herbs and vegetables