The recipe for Making Trout in the Oven I show you today in this post.
Barbecuing fish is also possible in the oven. I serve asparagus as a side dish and give further tips for seasonal side dishes, because it is just right for the time of year.
This preparation method also works with other whole fish: You can prepare char, brown trout, sea fish such as gilthead or sea bass in this way. It’s practical: the fish preparation is simple and quick.
If you have any questions, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page.
1. Grill Trout in the Oven, this is how it works
For your optimal preparation, here are the most important key points at a glance…
- Buy fish fresh or defrost fish overnight in the fridge.
- Prepare and prepare side dishes, today the asparagus is.preheat oven at 230 °C hot air.
- Wash fish under running cold water, dry.
- Season fish in a coated roaster with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- I have my fish additionally seasoned with chili flakes.
- Optional you can add garlic and herbs to the fish.
- When the side dishes are ready, put the fish in the roaster in the oven and grill 25-30 minutes at 220 °C.
When is the fish cooked? I’ll answer this question right here…
The eyes of the fish must be white throughout, then the fish is cooked and ready to serve.
2. Side Dishes for grilled Fish
Here are some ideas for more fish supplements…
- green asparagus
- white asparagus
- parsley potatoes
- boiled potatoes with nut butter
- mashed potatoes
- celery puree
- Jerusalem artichoke puree
- baguette and green salad
- cucumber salad with dill
I’m boiling asparagus in water today. You can also prepare the asparagus in the oven. That sounds like a good effort reduction!
- prepare and peel asparagus
- place asparagus in a second roaster
- season asparagus with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil
How can you cook fish in the oven and asparagus at the same time? Put the fish in the oven first, set the alarm to 15 minutes, then add the asparagus and finish cooking. Practical, isn’t it?
3. Recipe Trout in the Oven
Now let me invite you to cook for yourself, in the following my instructions and exact ingredients.
- 2 pc trout
- some thyme fresh optional
- 2 Zehen garlic fresh optional
- pepper Ich verwende gern schwarzen Pfeffer!
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 4 pinch salt
- 2 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar I like to use brown sugar!
- 8 small potatoes
- 4 pinch salt
- 1 tbs Butter
- 2 pinches pepper black grounded
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 pc lemon
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 60 g Parmesan optional for the asparagus
- Peel and halve the potatoes and cook them in salted water until soft.
- Preheat oven at 230°C hot-air grill.
- Pluck the parsley and cut the parsley leaves finely into strips. Foam the butter in a frying pan and brown lightly. Add parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper to the butter and toss the potatoes. Keep the potatoes warm until serving.
- Peel the green asparagus on the underside.
- Put water in a pot to boil asparagus. Season water with salt and sugar, add some olive oil. Cook the asparagus until al dente and drain. Keep the asparagus warm until serving, place a butterflake on the asparagus.
- Wash and dry trout. Place trout in a coated roaster or in an enamel roaster. Season the fish with salt, pepper and a little olive oil. Optionally season with chilli flakes, garlic and thyme.
- Grill the fish in a preheated oven at 220°C for 25-35 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, place the plates in the oven or heat the plates in the microwave to serve.
- Arrange the fish and asparagus on warm plates. Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese as an option. Serve a sliced lemon with the fish. Enjoy your meal!