In this article I present you my recipe Italian Tomato Soup. Want a new recipe for tomato soup? This soup you cook for your dearest people or if you want to inspire guests.
The taste of the tomato soup is a firecracker and convinces the biggest critic. Relaxation is the order of the day, there is no stress in the kitchen and it goes very quickly.
Let’s go, relaxed cooking and a great meal together is guaranteed. The secret recipe for this tomato soup from Italy comes directly from Rome from a highly decorated star chef. Thank you Heinz for your tips!
1. Italian Tomato Soup
You need fresh, ripe and tasty tomatoes for the Italian tomato soup. Further ingredients are olive oil, shallots, garlic, white wine, salt, pepper, sugar. Optional herbs such as thyme, oregano, marjoram or basil, an Italian herb mixture and tomato paste. As a special supplement some gin, soy sauce or Worcestershiresauce.
The Preparation Step by Step:
Put the tomatoes in an ovenproof bowl or a roaster, marinate the tomatoes in a little olive oil, season with salt, pepper and sugar.
In the meantime, sauté the shallots and garlic cubes in a pan with olive oil for 20 minutes, caramelize lightly with a little sugar, then deglaze with white wine and simmer lightly.
Next add the braised tomatoes to the soup and bring to the boil. Let the soup simmer for 25 minutes, then mix up the soup. Whether you pass the soup through a sieve or not is a matter of taste. Season the soup to taste, then arrange it and refine it with side dishes such as bread cubes, parmesan or whipped cream.
2. This goes well with Italian Tomato Soup
Here are some ingredients that go very well with tomato soup:
Crispy bread cubes:
Cut white bread or brown bread into slices and 1 cm large cubes and fry in butter and olive oil in a pan. Season to taste with salt, pepper, thyme and garlic. Add these crispy bread cubes to the soup.
Fry a few leaves of basil in hot vegetable oil. Be careful, the fat splashes, so put the lid on at the beginning. Place the fried basil leaves on a paper towel and season with salt. Place the basil leaves decoratively on the soup shortly before serving.
Grated cheese or cheese cubes:
A light sheep’s cheese, cut into cubes or grated hard cheese such as Parmesan, Pecorino, mountain cheese goes well with tomato soup.
Chervil, marjoram, oregano, thyme, parsley, wild garlic, basil, lovage… dare yourself and try out new herbs with tomato soup.
My recipe for Italian tomato soup made from braised tomatoes can be found below on this page. Please use the comment function to send comments, questions and comments. I would highly appreciate!
- 500 g tomatoes in whole Tip: Use San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp brown cane sugar
- 4 pc shallots finely diced or yellow onions
- 1-2 pc clove of garlic or young, green garlic
- 120 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 1 pinch thyme or oregano or basil
- 2 slices white bread
- 2-4 tbs cream
- some herbs basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl or roaster, marinate with olive oil, salt, pepper and some sugar and bake at 190°C hot air for 30 minutes in the oven. I like to use raw cane sugar, which has a more interesting taste than white industrial sugar.
- Cut the shallots and garlic in half, peel and dice finely. I use young garlic as far as available, because it has a finer aroma. Place a pot on top and heat two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sweat the shallots and garlic cubes in a pot for 10 minutes until colourless and glassy. Optionally add a little sugar and caramelise the tomato soup slightly.
- Deglaze with the white wine, I like to use Prosecco, add the prepared tomatoes and the resulting stock and bring to the boil. Let the tomato-soup mixture simmer for 15 - 25 minutes. This is the best way to develop the flavour of the soup. Note: If you have any tomato stalks left, boil them in the soup, which adds to the fine aroma of the soup.
- Season the tomato soup with salt, pepper, sugar and herbs to taste and serve.
- You can add freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino, basil, marjoram, oregano and freshly roasted bread croutons to the soup. Lightly whip the cream, then pour onto the soup with a spoon or beak cup.
4. Calories (kcal.) Italian Tomato Soup, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Other Recipes for Tomato SoupTomato Soup made from fresh Tomatoes with Pesto and Monkfish or Tofu
Prepare the tomato soup with strained canned tomatoes
Cold Tomato Soup