In my recipe Colourful leaf Salad I actually use sweets. The taste surprise is pre-programmed.
The colourful leaf salad with candy dressing and apples glazed with sea buckthorn is a real treat.
The sweets help the dish to an incredible taste explosion.
The berry fruits and the sea buckthorn dance over the palate. This is a violent firecracker, nothing for weak nerves!
Just try it out, the video Leaf salad helps you cook.
Good luck! Please share this post on Facebook with your friends, thank you!
- 1. Prepare leaf salads
- 2. Why must lettuce be spun dry?
- 3. Sweets as an ingredient in salad dressing
- 4. Prepare crispy bread cubes to a salad
- 5. Glazed apple pieces I refine with sea buckthorn sweets
- 6. Cooking video of the starter recipe colourful lettuce with candy dressing and glazed sea buckthorn apples
- 7. The Recipe for Colourful Leaf Salad with Candy Dressing
- 8. Calories (kcal) Colorful Leaf Salad with sweet Dressing
1. Prepare leaf salads
Pluck the lettuce bite-sized, wash quickly in cold water and then spin dry. The sand and dirt remain in the water due to the slight swiveling of the lettuce leaves. Cleaned and dried lettuce leaves can be kept in the refrigerator for two days. A plastic bag or a box with lid has proven to be a good storage tool. See the articles on washing lettuce step by step and washing lamb’s lettuce. After the reading you are prepared for any salad washing action.
2. Why must lettuce be spun dry?
Wet salad leaves a bathing lake on the plate and dilutes the salad. At the same time, only dry-spun salad can absorb the salad dressing well. The salad dressing only adheres optimally to the dry leaf salad. If you don’t have a salad spinner, dry the lettuce leaves on a kitchen paper or spin the lettuce in an outdoor kitchen towel. Further contributions: Wash lettuce and spin dry and wash lamb’s lettuce.
Pluck salad, wash quickly, spin dry, then marinate with salad dressing!
3. Sweets as an ingredient in salad dressing
Black elderberry sweets/candies taste deliciously fruity, we now transfer this to the salad dressing: The sweets are finely mortared and then boiled in a little water to make syrup. So the sweet ingredient can marry wonderfully with the remaining ingredients to the dressing.
Candies crushed with water to syrup boil – so the candy taste comes into the salad dressing!
4. Prepare crispy bread cubes to a salad
Toast bread or other bread in cubes cut and with butter, garlic, thyme and some salt and pepper in a pan roast. The roasted bread cubes are perfect with salads, because a crispy mouth feeling lifts the good mood!
5. Glazed apple pieces I refine with sea buckthorn sweets
I have chosen sea buckthorn as the second sweet ingredient. The sea buckthorn harmonises very well with the apple. Boil the crushed sea buckthorn sweets with water to a syrup. Brown the apple pieces in foamed butter, add the sea buckthorn syrup and glaze the apple pieces over high heat. Glazing in this case means letting the liquid evaporate at high temperature in order to bring the concentrated taste to the ingredient (apple pieces).
Concentrated sea buckthorn taste on apple by glazing!
The recipe certainly sounds a little crazy, it is exciting to prepare and finally also a surprise. Please try it yourself, the following cooking video offers additional support:
6. Cooking video of the starter recipe colourful lettuce with candy dressing and glazed sea buckthorn apples
7. The Recipe for Colourful Leaf Salad with Candy Dressing
- 300 g Green salad mixed
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 4 black elder candies
- 80 ml water
- 25 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a dash of pepper
- 100 ml olive oil
- 4 wild sea-buckthorn candies
- 100 ml water
- 4 slices toast
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 70 g Butter
- 2 apples
- Clean, wash and pluck the salad. Halve the cherry tomatoes, cut out the stem and quarter them. Put the tomato pieces on a plate and season them with salt and pepper.
- Crush the black elder candies in the mortar and make a syrup by cooking with 80ml of water. Let it cool down.
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and the elder candy syrup with a hand blender. Add some olive oil to finish the salad vinaigrette.
- Also crush the wild sea-buckthorn candies and boil down to a syrup with 100ml of water. Then let it cool down al little.
- Roast the toast cubes together with the thyme and the butter in a pan until everything ist crispy. Season with salt and pepper an leave it in the pan.
- Peel and quarter the apples, remove the core. Sear the apple pieces in a little butter from all sides, then glaze with the sea-buckthorn syrup. Now marinate the salad with the vinaigrette and serve it with tomatoes, apples and bread croutons.