In this article I present a wonderful Salmon Starter recipe. This appetizer is quick and easy to prepare.
The smoked salmon with Rösti is a great thing, I show you step by step how to prepare potato fritters (Swiss “Rösti”) and potato pancakes and also great ideas for different dips.
In the cooking video Salmon with Rösti I serve you an additional idea for an exciting dip with sweets.
Have you become curious? You need about 2 minutes to read this article. Wish you good luck!
- 1. Roesti and Potato Pancakes with Salmon
- 2. Potato Fritters Step by Step
- 3. Salmon for Starter, pickled Salmon or smoked Salmon
- 4. Sauces and cold Dips with Salmon Roesti Starter
- 5. Video smoked Salmon Starter with Roesti and Mustard Sauce
- 7. Salmon Starter Recipe
- 8. Calorie Salmon Starter with Rösti and Dip, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
1. Roesti and Potato Pancakes with Salmon
I prepare my roesti or potato pancakes based on raw, coarsely grated potatoes. There is also a variant with a part of boiled potatoes and a part of raw potatoes. I prefer to keep it simple and prefer to prepare the potato fritters from raw potatoes.
2. Potato Fritters Step by Step
How you can make the Rösti quickly and easily by yourself I will show you with the following photos. How you can make the Rösti quickly and easily by yourself I will show you with the following photos.
The potatoes should always be processed very quickly and peeled potatoes should be placed in cold water so that they do not turn brown.
The grated potatoes are usually seasoned with salt, pepper, chilli and nutmeg. You can also add dried rosemary or thyme.
The potato mixture is fried in hot oil. Ideal is sunflower oil, clarified butter or coconut oil.
Potato pancakes are best fried in a coated pan.
You can also cut your roesti open and serve roesti corners or use other shapes to cut it out.
3. Salmon for Starter, pickled Salmon or smoked Salmon
Smoked salmon is often very salty and it is not a mistake to try out different products. I have tested various smoked salmon products here in Vienna and found that smoked salmon from Hofer is one of the best products. I buy pickled salmon gladly with the fishmonger at the aftermarket, the salmon I will stain myself in other place in the detail introduce.
4. Sauces and cold Dips with Salmon Roesti Starter
Various dips and cold sauces go well with salmon with Rösti. As I wrote a lot about cold sauces recipes in the article Mayonnaise making by myself, I only give a small insight here.
The simplest sauce is a sour cream dip, consisting of a cup of sour cream, mixed with a teaspoon lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
The chive sauce consists of a cup of sour cream and a cup of cream fraiche, mixed with a tablespoon of lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and fresh and finely chopped chives rolls.
You can prepare the cold sauces based on mayonnaise. The cold sauces then become more powerful in taste. Here I refer again to the recipe for mayonnaise, which are recommended sauces: Mustard sauce as dip, herb sauce, green sauce, remoulade sauce and tatar sauce.
5. Video smoked Salmon Starter with Roesti and Mustard Sauce
In the following video I show you the preparation of the salmon starter step by step. I have tried something crazy here and cooked with sweets. I find this exciting and an interesting change. This article is not intended as a guide: This article is not sponsored.
7. Salmon Starter Recipe
- 400 g smoked salmon or smoked trout
- 10 pc forest honey sage sweets
- 80 ml water
- 4 tbs medium hot mustard Austria: tarragon mustard
- 4 pc potatoes big
- 80 ml sun flower oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- some nutmeg
- 1 bunch chervil or some cress for decoration
- First take the smoked salmon out of the fridge and let it temper at room temperature for serving.
- Die Waldhonig Salbei Bonbons im Mörser zerkleinern und mit dem Wasser zu 2 EL Sirup einkochen.
- Mix the mustard in a bowl with the candy syrup and prepare for serving.
- Peel the potatoes, grate coarsely, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, heat the sunflower oil in a hot pan and place the potato mixture in the pan and press flat.
- Fry the roesti for 5 minutes on a low heat, turn and finish cooking until crispy. Turn the roesti onto a board and cut it out with fir moulds.
- Arrange the salmon slices formed into blossoms on plates, add the roesti and the forest honey sage mustard. Decorate the mustard with some chervil and serve quickly.