Salmon Noodles – Pasta Recipe as a Kitchen Story with many Ideas to Cook yourself
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Pasta with Salmon Cream Sauce
- 2. How to prepare Spaghetti with smoked Salmon
- 3. What is better? Noodles with smoked salmon or Pasta with fresh salmon?
- 4. Chef´s Tips for Salmon Sauce with Noodles
- 5. Gourmet Tip for preparing Salmon Noodles
- 6. Which noodles are Ideal for Pasta with Salmon
- 7. Which Herbs go well with the Salmon Noodles
- 8. Salmon Noodles Recipe, take that great creamy Pasta with Salmon
- 9. Calories Salmon Noodles, the Nutritional Values at a glance
1. Pasta with Salmon Cream SauceFor the classic cream sauce with salmon you need an onion, half a clove of garlic and a bunch of soup vegetables. Cut all the vegetables into small cubes and sweat with 25 g butter in a pot for eight minutes until colourless. Then deglaze with 100 ml dry white wine, I like to use a Soave. Add 150-200 ml vegetable stock to the sauce and bring to the boil. Next, pour 150 ml cream into the boiling liquid and bring to the boil, then leave to stand for 20 minutes. Stir one teaspoon of starch into 100 ml cold water and slowly add to the boiling cream sauce. The cornflour binds the cream sauce for the pasta with salmon. The sauce is passed through a fine sieve or served with the vegetables to the pasta. You can season the sauce with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. The fresh salmon is cut into small pieces and placed in the sauce for a few minutes. The salmon poached in the sauce and the salmon cream sauce is ready to serve with the al dente cooked pasta. If you are unsure about poaching the fish visit the linked article in this sentence, I’ll explain that in detail there. Fresh salmon tastes excellent with noodles. Cream should be added, the gourmet refined with truffle oil!
2. How to prepare Spaghetti with smoked SalmonFast smoked salmon spaghetti for two people: Boil a cup of cream in a pan with about 100 ml white wine. Add a little lemon dust and reduce the simple cream sauce by about 1/3. Season the sauce with a little salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Remove the pot from the heat and add one or two tablespoons of mascarpone. The finely chopped smoked salmon completes the sauce with finely chopped parsley or chervil. Mix the al dente cooked spaghetti with the sauce and serve quickly. The popular smoked salmon tastes not only as a starter but also as an addition to the salmon noodles.
3. What is better? Noodles with smoked salmon or Pasta with fresh salmon?Both variants are good and it remains a matter of taste that you choose. Be careful with the cream sauce when preparing it with smoked salmon, the smoked salmon is always salty, so you can save on the cream sauce with smoked salmon with salt.
4. Chef´s Tips for Salmon Sauce with NoodlesI have already introduced the classic variant above, another simple variant is only prepared on the basis of onions and a little garlic. Leave out the soup vegetables in the above recipe and cook a simple, light cream sauce based on onions or shallots, garlic, white wine, cream and broth and add this sauce after binding with corn flour. Refine the sauce with a little lemon juice, season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper, briefly add the salmon pieces to the sauce and the salmon sauce is ready. If you don’t like cream sauce, try the Asian salmon noodles with sesame and soy sauce.
5. Gourmet Tip for preparing Salmon NoodlesI’ll cook double the salmon and cream sauce for it. The salmon is poached in the sauce, the al dente cooked pasta, after which pour off and shake dry, with the help of a large meat fork on the plates arranged. The salmon is removed from the sauce with a skimmer and placed on the pasta. Mix the remaining sauce with a hand blender with two tablespoons of white truffle oil and 50 g ice-cold butter until foamy. The sauce with foam is spooned onto the pasta and served decorated with chervil.
6. Which noodles are Ideal for Pasta with SalmonSpaghetti are of course popular, wide ribbon noodles, tagliatelle and other noodles that accept a lot of sauce are optimal. You can also use Farfalle or Penne, I show on my recipe picture the pasta variety Mafaldine, this is a specially shaped and beautifully waved ribbon noodle variety.
7. Which Herbs go well with the Salmon NoodlesThe salmon noodles in cream sauce are excellent with chervil, parsley, thyme, lemon thyme, with a little lovage and even with wild garlic. With wild garlic I recommend the preparation of homemade wild garlic pesto, drizzle a little over the salmon pasta.
8. Salmon Noodles Recipe, take that great creamy Pasta with Salmon
Salmon Pasta - Salmon Noodles
Recipe for salmon noodles with cream sauce from fresh salmon or smoked salmon with many tips from Thomas Sixt.
|1/2||pc||garlic (I love to take young green garlic for this dish)|
|100||ml||dry white wine|
|200||ml||Vegetable broth (or chicken broth)|
|some||Salt (himalaya salt)|
|1||tsp.||cornflour (for tying the sauce)|
|150||g||Salmon fillet (prepared fish fillet without skin and bones)|
|250||g||Pasta or Noodles (tagliatelle or spaghetti or other egg-free noodles)|
|some||fennel green (oder Petersilie oder Kerbel oder Thymian)|
Finely dice peeled onion and garlic clove and sauté in butter for ten minutes until colourless. Deglaze with white wine, add vegetable stock, bring to the boil, slowly reduce the cream.
Let the sauce infuse for 15 minutes, season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
Mix the starch in 100 ml water and add to the boiling cream sauce. Bring the sauce to the boil briefly and let it set. Let the sauce infuse for another 10 minutes at low heat. Cut the salmon into small pieces and make ready.
Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water until al dente, drain and shake well. Add the salmon to the boiling cream sauce, stir and leave to stand next to the stove.
Arrange the noodles on warm plates. The best way to do this is with a large meat fork. Twist the noodles open with a fork and put them in the plates. Add salmon and sauce to the pasta and decorate with fennel green, chervil or parsley and serve.
9. Calories Salmon Noodles, the Nutritional Values at a glance