OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my great May Plaice recipe. The plaice is a flatfish and tastes best in May.
In North of Germany plaice is traditionally prepared whole with skin.
So that the preparation of the plaice works wonderfully I have prepared this step by step instruction for you.
I wish you good success and a good appetite!
1. Prepare plaice, what to pay Attention to
First of all I have summarized the most important points for the preparation of May Plaice. Here are my professional cooking tips:
- Buy the May plaice fresh from the fishmonger.
- Take care of the cold chain, bring the plaice home quickly and put it in the fridge.
- Best to prepare the whole fish on the day of purchase.
- Take 25 minutes to prepare the plaice ready to cook.
- Prepare the side dishes first, the side dishes are waiting for the plaice.
- Please use a large, coated pan so that the plaice frying is successful.
- Use clarified butter or homemade nut butter in combination with sunflower oil to fry the plaice.
- Make sure you turn the cleaned and cleaned plaice in flour.
- You can also use a gluten-free flour mixture in addition to wheat flour.
- Fry the plaice first in a pan, then place it in a preheated oven. Serve the plaice exclusively on hot plates.
You will find every step of the recipe explained with a photo below, now you can start.
2. Recipe, fry plaice whole, prepare plaice delicious in May
The plaice can be served with spinach with potatoes or asparagus with potatoes.
I have decided on green asparagus and early potatoes because it fits so well into the seasons.
Wish you good luck, write me if you have any questions about the comment function!
- 2-4 pc plaice may plaice
- 80 g flour wheat flour or gluten-free flour
- 150 g Butter for nut-butter
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 300 g potatoes I use early potatoes.
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 4 pinches sugar
- 1 pc lemon according to taste
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft, drain, peel and place in a pan. Wash and finely chop the parsley and add to the potatoes. Season the potatoes with salt, pepper and nutmeg and place next to the stove.
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus and peel the green asparagus on the underside.
- Cut the asparagus into pieces and place in a pot. Pour boiling water over the asparagus, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar and cook until al dente.
- Put the butter in a saucepan and heat. Brown the butter.
- Pass the butter through a fine sieve and prepare it for preparation.
- Wash the plaice under running cold water and cut off the fins with scissors. Cut off the head with a knife as shown in the picture.
- Preheat the oven at 140°C hot air, keep the plates warm to prepare the plaice.Make the plaice ready for roasting and flouring.
- Turn the plaice in flour. I use gluten-free flour, you can also use wheat flour.
- Heat a pan and heat the prepared nut butter and sunflower oil. Place the floated plaice in the pan and fry. After 2 minutes, turn the plaice over and place in the oven.
- Heat the side dishes and refine with nut butter. Carefully remove the upper dark skin of the plaice with a spoon. Pour butter over the plaice again and keep warm. Arrange the side dishes on the warmed plates.
- Place the plaice on the plate with the side dishes and serve quickly. Add a quartered lemon to taste!
3. Calories plaice with Asparagus and Potatoes
4. Other Recipes with PlaiceSaffron risotto with plaice rolls
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asparagus Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- German Food and Recipes from German Kitchen
- Main Courses Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German