OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my quinoa salad recipe. At the moment asparagus and strawberries fit perfectly into the salad.
Depending on the market offer and season, you can use other vegetables for the salad.
Let yourself be inspired by the following…
1. Vegetable Variants
For example fennel and orange in winter… Zucchini and tomatoes in summer… Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds in autumn…
2. Balsamic Vinegar and Strawberries
Back to the quinoa salad variant with asparagus and strawberries: Today there is balsamic vinegar with the strawberries and I prepare a balsamic vinegar reduction.
This is balsamic vinegar, which gives the strawberries a great taste kick and sticks well to the fruits.
3. Ideas for the Dressing
For the quinoa salad dressing, I invite you to try a combination of orange juice, lemon juice, curry and olive oil. Just an orange juice curry dressing.
4. Recipe for Quinoa Salad
Now let yourself be carried away to cooking yourself and conjure up a great dish. Questions I answer to you gladly over the comment function at the end of the side. Good luck!
- 200 g Quinoa
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- 200 g strawberries I like to use local strawberries!
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- pepper I like to use pepper black or green
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
- oliv oil
- 1/4 bunch mint fresh mint
- 1 pc Orange
- 1 tsp Dijon-mustard
- 3 pinch agave syrup
- 3 pinch pepper
- 1/2 tsp Curry I like to use Madras Curry
- 4 pinch sugar I also like to use 1 teaspoon honey
- 50-80 ml oliv oil
- 150 ml Balsamico I use a matured balsamic vinegar 10 years old.
- 2 pinch salt Test the guide value according to the balsamic vinegar!
- 3 pinch pepper
- Prepare the ingredients for preparation: Wash the strawberries briefly and dry them, wash the green asparagus and peel them on the underside, and make the remaining ingredients ready to hand as indicated above.
- Wash the quinoa on a sieve under warm running water.
- Add double the amount of water to the quinoa, season with salt, bring to the boil and let it swell over a moderate heat. Then drain the quinoa and place in a bowl.
- For the asparagus, bring water to the boil and season with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil. Place the peeled asparagus in the pan and cook for about 6-8 minutes until al dente. Remove the asparagus and place in a grill pan.
- Squeeze the orange with a juicer.
- Put orange juice with Dijon mustard, sugar, salt and pepper and curry in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients and let the olive oil run in slowly. The result is an emulsified salad dressing. Prepare the orange juice curry salad dressing for marinating.
- Cook the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan at high heat until half of it is done, season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow balsamic vinegar reduction to cool.
- Grill the prepared, cooked asparagus in the ribbed grill pan over a high heat. Season the asparagus spears with salt, pepper and a little sugar to taste. Remove the asparagus from the pan.
- Cut the grilled asparagus and strawberries into small pieces for the salad. Now cut the strawberries into quarters. Place some asparagus tips for decoration.
- Spread the cooled balsamicoglace on one side of the prepared strawberries.
- Marinate the quinoa with 2/3 of the prepared orange juice curry dressing. Arrange the quinoa on plates. Marinate the asparagus with the rest of the salad dressing and serve with it. Place the strawberries in the quinoa salad. Decorate with the mint and serve.
5. Calories and nutritional Values
6. Other IdeasAsparagus salad with strawberry
Goat cheese salad recipe with Strawberries and asparagus
Couscous salad recipe with mint, asparagus, strawberries and leaf salads
Quinoa with Prawns
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asparagus Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Gluten-Free Starters Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Salad Starters Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- Seasonal Ingredients Recipes
- Starters & Appetizers
- Strawberries Recipes
- Vegetarian Appetizers
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German