The recipe Potato Soup is close to my heart. In this article I present more than 10 different variations of potato soup, each one will have its own taste, I promise. Here you will get an optimal overview of how to cook your own potato soup.
I love this soup foamed up, light and airy in taste, as truffled potato foam soup or as hearty potato soup with sausages. In the article you will get lots of information and tips, ideas for different types of potato soup and possible deposits.
A cooking video to the potato soup accompanies you while cooking yourself. Please share this article with your friends on Facebook and write me your experiences. Good luck!
- 1. Prepare your own Potato Soup
- 2. Potato Soup Basic Recipe in Two Variants
- 3. Potato Soup Ideas and Overview, 10+ Variations for Your Kitchen
- 4. Potato Soup Gallery with Ideas for your next Soup
- 5. Potato Soup Preparation Video Step by Step
- 6. Recipe Potato Soup
- 7. Calories (kcal) Potato Soup
- 8. More Soups Recipes Ideas
1. Prepare your own Potato Soup
I found my love for potato soup with star chef Heinz Winkler in Aschau. I will never forget this day because the soup was served with fresh white truffles. The basket with the white truffles was in the kitchen in the morning and I could smell the truffles, which I didn’t know at that time, one floor below the staff entrance in the underground car park. This soup was a formative experience for me and I would like to pass on my recipe.
2. Potato Soup Basic Recipe in Two Variants
You can prepare a potato soup with fresh potatoes or with mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes? YES! either you use homemade mashed potatoes, freshly prepared or from the day before, or in an emergency you use mashed potato flakes. In the recipe below you will find the corresponding information on the ingredients.
3. Potato Soup Ideas and Overview, 10+ Variations for Your Kitchen
|Potato soup with ...||Type of potato soup||Description of potato soup|
|Potato soup with bacon||with meat, not vegetarian||Arrange crispy fried, warm bacon cubes with the soup.|
|Potato soup with sage||vegetarian or vegan||Fry the sage leaves in hot oil, season with salt and place on the potato soup.|
|Potato soup with herbs||vegetarian or vegan||Parsley or marjoram or oregano or hyssop or chervil, also mixed herbs deep-frozen.|
|Potato soup with sausage||with meat, not vegetarian||Heat the Wienerle, Frankfurter or Debrecziner cut into thin slices (do not boil) and add to the soup.|
|Potato soup with fish||without meat, not vegetarian||Pike-perch fillet, perch fillet with skin crispy fried. Also salmon cubes briefly warmed in the soup as an addition.|
|Potato soup with chicken and walnut pesto||with meat, not vegetarian||Serve fried chicken breast strips and a simple pesto of grated walnuts and pumpkin seed oil with the soup.|
|Potato soup with truffle oil||vegetarian or vegan||Arrange the soup with blanched leek and homemade potato crisps. Mix the white truffle oil into the soup beforehand.|
|Potato soup with mushrooms||vegetarian or vegan||Add fried mushrooms, chanterelles or porcini mushrooms to the soup. Add parsley or chervil.|
|Potato soup with meatballs||with meat, not vegetarian||Prepare mini meatballs, glaze in veal jus and serve in soup.|
4. Potato Soup Gallery with Ideas for your next Soup
5. Potato Soup Preparation Video Step by Step
In the cooking video I show you the preparation of a variant of potato soup, please try it out yourself!
6. Recipe Potato Soup
You can change and supplement my basic recipe for potato soup according to the description and table above. I wish you good luck!
- 1 pc onion or shallots
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1/2 pc clove of garlic
- 200 g potato or 3-5 tbs mashed potatoes-flakes
- 30 ml white wine dry
- 350 ml chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 some lemon zest from a bio lemon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 150 ml whipped cream or soy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- Peel the onion and cut into strips or cubes. Brown the onion with a little olive oil and butter until translucent.
- Add the peeled and chopped potatoes, deglaze with white wine, add chicken stock or vegetable stock, simmer gently.
- Add a little finely grated lemon zest, season potato soup with nutmeg, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Prepare the soup, see the detailed ideas in the blog post.
- Mix the boiling potato soup with cream, the soup becomes frothy when a little cold butter is mixed in. Arrange the soup and serve.
- Note on the mashed potato variant: Leave the fresh potatoes out, bring the stock to the boil, add a spoonful of mashed potato flakes next to the stove and stir in.