Today I show you my Mushroom Risotto recipe. Risotto made easy, with ingredients you always get in the supermarket.
Here you will learn how to prepare risotto step by step with oyster mushrooms, mushrooms, herbseitlinge, porcini mushrooms or chanterelles.
Put a quick and easy, delicious vegetarian risotto with mushrooms on the table. Get inspired here, maybe you’re just discovering your new favorite recipe. Good luck and a good appetite!
ONLY USE MUSHROOMS YOU CAN BUY IN A RELIABLE SUPERMARKET
- 1. Porcini Risotto with dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 2. Make your own Porcini Risotto Step by Step
- 3. Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms as Main Course or as Side Dish
- 4. Decoration and Star Chef Tips
- 5. Prepare a Cooking Video Risotto of Porcini Mushrooms
- 6. Porcini Risotto Recipe
- 7. Calories Porcini Risotto, the Nutritional Values
- 8. Other Recipes for Risotto
1. Porcini Risotto with dried Porcini Mushrooms
Our porcini mushroom risotto should be intense and strong in taste. For this you need dried porcini mushrooms. This is practical because dried porcini mushrooms are available all year round in the supermarket. The taste of the dried mushrooms is very strong and concentrated because the water is extracted.
Put dried porcini mushrooms into cold water for risotto preparation!
Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in cold water for 20 minutes. If it should go fast times, pour over the porcini mushrooms with hot water. Remove the softened porcini mushrooms from the water and squeeze them out in your hand or on a sieve. Finely chop the porcini mushrooms and use them for the risotto.
Use the tasty soaking water of the porcini mushrooms to prepare the risotto!
You leave the soaking water for a few minutes, the sand settles on the ground and you can use the tasty porcini mushroom water for the risotto. After all, it would be a waste if the good taste of the porcini mushrooms ended up in the drain. What do you do with the soaking water of the porcini mushrooms? I’ll explain that right afterwards…
2. Make your own Porcini Risotto Step by Step
There are different ways to prepare porcini risotto, the classic preparation at the stove I introduce to you in this article. Please use Italian risotto rice for porcini risotto. The best known varieties are Arborio, Vialone, Maratelli and Carnaroli. You can bring the rice from Italy, buy it in a delicatessen, or buy and use the usual brands from the supermarket.
- Prepare all the ingredients and bring the stock to the boil for the risotto.
- Soak the dried porcini mushrooms in cold water for 20 minutes, squeeze and chop.
- Fry the risotto mixture consisting of onion cubes, butter and olive oil for 5 minutes until colourless.
- Add the risotto rice and sweat briefly for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze with dry white wine, add the prepared, soaked and chopped porcini mushrooms and soaking water.
- Fill the risotto gradually with hot vegetable stock and prepare the risotto while stirring constantly.
- The cooking time varies from risotto rice to risotto rice, as does the amount of broth. Please follow the instructions on the rice package and follow them.
- Cook the boletus risotto to taste until al dente, season with butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg and finely grated parmesan or pecorino.
3. Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms as Main Course or as Side Dish
The powerful risotto porcini mushroom is a main course in itself, it also goes well as a side dish with roasted and braised meat. Combine a fillet steak, a roe deer fillet or a saddle of venison with the boletus risotto, deer fillet and saddle of venison, wild boar ragout and wild boar schnitzel also go well. Generally, you can prepare your porcini risotto vegetarian or vegan, use a vegetable broth and exchange the cheese and butter for a substitute product of your choice.
4. Decoration and Star Chef Tips
Decorate your risotto with freshly roasted porcini mushrooms and finely sliced parsley. Excellent with fresh chervil, which is often used in star gastronomy. Fried bacon slices or bacon cubes are an additional treat for the palate. I like to put fried sage leaves (see video) or parsley leaves on the porcini risotto.
If Mr. Lafer, Mälzer, Schuhbeck or Witzigmann come to visit, then stretch the risotto with more broth, sieve a part of broth after 10 minutes in an extra pot, add some boletus powder, let the stock boil down and mount the boletus stock then with butter and cream, mix this boletus foam then on give a little boletus sauce and foam cloud on your Risotto arranged… wow…
Professionals serve the risotto rather liquid and creamy, so always add enough broth. The risotto is put on the plate, if you knock on the plate from below it has to run apart.
5. Prepare a Cooking Video Risotto of Porcini Mushrooms
6. Porcini Risotto Recipe
- 10-20 g porcini mushrooms dried soaked in cold water; ONLY USE MUSHROOMS FROM THE SUPERMARKET
- 1 pc onion small
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 160 g risotto rice Arborio, Vialone nano
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 400-500 ml vegetable broth
- some nutmeg
- 1/2 bunch sage
- some maize germ oil
- 20 ml oliv oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 40-60 g Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- Put the dried porcini mushrooms in cold water and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Cut the onion in half, peel and chop finely.
- In a saucepan, fry the onion cubes in half the butter and with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the risotto rice and sweat briefly.
- Deglaze with the white wine, bring to the boil, gradually add the vegetable stock and let the risotto simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring every now and then.
- During this time remove the soaked mushrooms from the water, add the boletus water to the risotto (do not add sand). Cut the porcini mushrooms into small pieces and add to the risotto.
- Season the porcini risotto with salt, pepper and nutmeg, add butter and grated cheese and mix.
- Fry the fresh sage leaves in some oil until crispy, then place on a plate with kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt.
- Arrange the porcini risotto, add the cheese and sage leaves and serve drizzled with a little olive oil.