For today I have prepared my recipe Plum Crumble for dessert. Summer is blue, so they say, because the wonderful fruits are available on the market in July, August and September, later varieties also until October.
The preparation time for this simple dessert is less than 30 minutes. You can prepare this dessert well when guests arrive.
Now let yourself be tempted to bake and enjoy the pictures and tips before you go into the kitchen. I wish you success, send me a message, I am looking forward to it!
1. Preparing crumbles
For this simple “cake” you only need the fruit and freshly prepared crumbles. The crumbles are made with butter, flour, sugar and vanilla sugar.
For the flour you can try either wheat flour or gluten-free varieties such as mixed flour or buckwheat flour. I would particularly recommend the latter! Buckwheat flour tastes incredibly delicious and goes well with the taste of plums.
Sieve the flour before preparation, this makes the crumbles better!Baking tip from chef Thomas Sixt
As far as sugar is concerned, only whole cane sugar comes into question for me. I like the taste and use it where I can instead of white industrial sugar.
Besides primal salt or Himalayan salt, brown whole cane sugar is one of the basic ingredients in my kitchen!Ingredients tip for your kitchen from chef Thomas Sixt
You can prepare your crumbles with cold or warm butter, the consistency changes accordingly.
Soft butter makes fine, hard butter makes coarse crumblesBaking tip from chef Thomas Sixt
2. Preparing fruit
Pay attention to quality when shopping! Ripe plums rot relatively quickly and it is worth taking a close look in the shop.
Wash the plums and then rub dry, then cut into slices. The pictures give you an impression.
3. Baking tray or tins
This dessert is really ingenious! You can put crumbles and fruit in small, buttered moulds or prepare a whole baking tray.
I am more the mould type and like to bring the dessert directly to the table in portions.
The advantage of moulds: from the oven, it goes straight to the table. This is very practical when visitors come!Baking tip from chef Thomas Sixt
4. Recipe Plums Crumble
- 250 g plum
- 70 g butter cold
- 70 g brown cane sugar ground into icing sugar
- 140 g flour
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- some mint as decoration
- Choose the plums well when shopping and pay attention to the quality.
- Wash the plums and then dry them.
- Cut the fruit in half in the middle and cut around the stone.
- Remove the seeds from the halved fruits.
- Cut the plum halves into thin slices and prepare.
- Chop the cold butter into small pieces, quickly mix with the sugar, then quickly incorporate the sifted flour. Chill the crumbles for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven at 210°C hot air.
- Place the slices of plums in the baking trays or spread them on a large baking tray. You can also use a cake tin.
- Place crumbles on the fruit according to taste. You can add a little crumble under the fruit.
- Bake the plum crumble for about 20-25 minutes at 200°C and serve slightly browned lukewarm.