My recipe pasta with asparagus I present to you in this post. You can use green asparagus or white asparagus for this pasta dish. Both taste delicious.
In Germany, the asparagus season begins in April and ends on St John’s Day, 24 June. St John’s Day is popularly known as Asparagus New Year’s Eve.
I wish you all the best in cooking yourself and lots of fun in the kitchen!
1. Pasta with asparagus shopping list for the supermarket
For the asparagus pasta you need the following ingredients:
- A pack of pasta, I prefer spaghetti “Al bronzo” as pasta
- young garlic
- some cocktail tomatoes
- butter, olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg
- Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Pesto or basil and pine nuts to make the pesto yourself
You can find the exact quantities below in the recipe Spaghetti with asparagus.
Pasta “Al Bronzo” is a special pasta. The pasta dough is driven through bronze nozzles. This pasta gets a rough surface and comes very, very close to the homemade pasta.
In spring I love the combination of young garlic and asparagus and I also show this with the asparagus risotto. You can also leave the garlic out if you don’t get the young garlic.
Since the asparagus season overlaps with the bear’s garlic season, a bear’s garlic pesto instead of basil pesto is a good idea. I will show you how to make your own bear’s garlic pesto in another article.
2. Prepare pasta with asparagus step by step
For my asparagus spaghetti I first prepare the decoration and grave goods…
3. Pasta with asparagus recipe
Below you will find my recipe for spaghetti with asparagus. Wish you good luck!
- 6 pc cocktail tomatoes
- some olive oil
- some brown sugar
- 1 pc young garlic
- 40 g Parmesan cheese or Pecorino cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus green or white asparagus
- 20 g Butter
- some salt
- some pepper
- some brown sugar
- some nutmeg
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 4 tbsp basil pesto or bear's garlic pesto
- Marinate tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and grill in a pan over high heat or caramelize with the cream Brulee Brenner. Prepare the tomatoes for later serving.
- Cut young garlic green into thin slices and fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until light brown.
- Drain the crispy fried garlic on a paper towel and season with salt.
- Grate the cheese finely and prepare it for serving.
- Place a saucepan with water to cook the pasta and season to taste with salt and olive oil.
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the ends, cut the asparagus spears into fine pieces up to the tips. Season a little water with salt, pepper and sugar and bring to the boil. Cook the asparagus pieces until al dente, let the water evaporate and let the asparagus pieces take some colour.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente until al dente, drain, drain well in the pan with pesto and asparagus (without tips) and arrange the pasta on warm plates.
- Sprinkle pasta with cheese, add caramelized cocktail tomatoes, add asparagus tips and sprinkle with crispy garlic. Sprinkle the risotto with some cold olive oil and serve quickly.