OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My Oven Vegetables recipe I show you in this post. I really like to prepare oven vegetables.
In less than 35 minutes and in only 10 minutes preparation time the vegetables are put on the plate.
The oven vegetables are suitable as a vegan main course. I like to serve the grilled vegetables with different dips and cold sauces. In the article you will find the corresponding ideas.
For meat eaters, vegetables from the oven are a quick and practical side dish. I am looking forward to your comments and remarks. Share this recipe with your friends on Facebook.
1. How to prepare Oven Vegetables Step by Step
I prepare my oven vegetables in the oven at a temperature of 220 °C hot air. Please preheat the oven first, then start preparing the vegetables. Wash the vegetables quickly under cold running water, drain and then prepare. When shopping, choose at best small potatoes or cut large potatoes into quarters or eighths.
“Use small potatoes for the oven vegetables, it looks fine and the quartered, small potatoes cook optimally in a short time.”
2. Tips from the professional Chef for tasty Oven Vegetables
Here are the most important tips for delicious oven vegetables:
- Choose a relatively high temperature so that the vegetables cook quickly and brown tastily.
- Cut hard vegetables such as potatoes and carrots as small as possible so that the vegetables can cook well in the oven in the short time (35 minutes).
- The vegetables should only lie a little on top of each other so that they can brown evenly.
- Now cut the vegetables into bite-sized and neat pieces, place the vegetables on a baking tray with baking paper or use a coated oven dish or an enamelled roast puree.
- Before you put the vegetables in the preheated oven, don’t forget to season them.
3. The Best Herbs and Spices for Oven Vegetables
Herbs are a great companion to oven vegetables and bring an exciting, fresh and fine aroma to vegetables. I like it Mediterranean: My favourite herbs for oven vegetables are thyme and rosemary dried or fresh and fresh sage. I add one or two peeled cloves of garlic to create the flavour. Dried herbs are very well suited for oven vegetables and also practical because they are usually available in the kitchen cupboard. Otherwise I can also recommend the frozen herbs very much.
Another note on basil: Basil leaves are not suitable as a side dish or for cooking in the oven, the fine leaves only dry out and do not taste good. Fry the basil leaves either briefly, then you can serve crispy basil leaves as a highlight with your oven vegetables or prepare a basil pesto as a dip with your oven vegetables.
“Deep-fried, crispy basil leaves taste delicious with baked vegetables.”
When it comes to spices, I keep it short and sweet with this recipe: Ursalz or Himalayan salt, black or white pepper, preferably fresh from the mill.
4. Dips and Sauces for Roasted, Grilled Oven Vegetables
I like to serve basil pesto, bear’s 🙂 wild garlic pesto, hummus, tomato chutney or a herb dip with my oven vegetables. Look on the page for cold sauces based on mayonnaise in 8 variations! and on the page for grilling and barbecue sauces …I wish you good luck!
5. Recipe Oven Vegetables
- 8 pc potatoes
- 4 pc Mixed peppers I like to use red and yellow peppers
- 6 pc shallots
- 1 pc Zucchini
- 2 pc garlic
- 8 pc cocktail tomatoes
- 10 pc fresh mushrooms I love to take the white ones
- 5 pinches salt, pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme you can also take dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven stage to 220°C hot air.
- Wash and dry the vegetables, then cut into small pieces.
- Quarter or eighth potatoes with skin, quarter and core peppers, peel and halve shallots, slice zucchini, halve and peel garlic cloves, leave cocktail tomatoes whole, halve or quarter mushrooms.
- Place all the vegetables on a baking tray with baking paper or in a roasting pan. Season the vegetables with salt, pepper and thyme and sprinkle with a little olive oil. Put the vegetables in the oven and cook at 200-220°C for about 35 minutes.
6. Calories Oven vegetables
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Barbecue Recipes
- Christmas Recipes
- Clean Eating Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
- Side Dishes Recipes
- Starters & Appetizers
- Vegetables Side Dishes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German