The recipe for Omelette with Mushrooms, Chanterelles with Egg is presented in this article. The popular mushrooms are in season from June to November.
Our egg dish is a quick dish, suitable for breakfast and brunch, and the mushroom dish is a wonderful and quick dinner.
The preparation time is about 15 minutes and the preparation time is 10 minutes. You will need a good pan and then you can get started very quickly.
How you get the mushrooms without sand into the pan, I will show you here below. If you have any questions while reading or cooking, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page. For now, have fun while tasting and good luck!
1. Clean the chanterelles and prepare them for the kitchen
The mushrooms usually come into the kitchen with many additions: sand, moss and needles are frequent companions of the wild mushrooms. There are two varieties for cleaning:
Variant 1: Clean the mushrooms carefully with a knife and a brush. This works with mushrooms that are not so dirty!
Variant 2: Wash the mushrooms quickly in a flour – lemon juice – water mixture, dry them quickly and then process them further. Please do this with very dirty mushrooms!
Very sandy and dirty mushrooms rather wash, if the mushrooms are only slightly dirty, then please brush them off lovingly with a brush. The mushrooms like that!Recommends cook Thomas Sixt
The cleaning of mushrooms I will show you step by step in a detailed article.
2.Prepare eggs and other ingredients
Always break the eggs into a bowl first. You can then examine the eggs better and check whether they are still fresh. In addition, the seasoning of the eggs is more controlled and the preparation is more successful.
In addition to the eggs you will need some Emmental or Parmesan cheese. I have added thyme, primal salt and pepper and as a secret ingredient some smoked paprika.
It is best to prepare all the ingredients, then the preparation runs harmoniously. Also think of the warm plates please!Tip from chef Thomas Sixt
You can prepare this egg dish in different ways: With a small pan and 2 eggs you get a nice little crescent-shaped omelette. In a large frying pan you get either a large omelette, which becomes wonderfully fluffy, or you can leave the shape round and simply serve quarters or eighths.
The small, crescent-shaped egg dish is an omelette and conjures up a touch of star cuisine on your tableMeans cook Thomas Sixt
To be honest, the little crescent-shaped omelettes are my favourite! Here are my preparation steps:
- Preheat the oven at 120°C and keep the plates warm.
- On a baking tray with baking paper I put the freshly made omelettes warm and so I can easily serve 4-5 warm and wonderful egg dishes in 15 minutes.
- I always drizzle some foamed butter on the eggs and mushrooms just before serving.
This tastes delicious 🙂 and looks simply gorgeous!
3. Recipe omelette with mushrooms, chanterelles with egg
You will find the further steps for this simple dish below. I wish you good luck!
- 250 g chanterelles
- 50 g emmental I also like to use parmesan
- 4-5 pc eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 4-6 pinches pepper black, ground
- 2 tbs thyme I use additional thyme.
- 15 g butter or olive oil
- 4 pinches paprika powder smoked
- Clean the mushrooms with a brush or wash them in flour-lemon juice water and rinse them clearly under cold running water. Dry the mushrooms and prepare them for cooking. The article on cleaning mushrooms is linked in the article.
- Roughly grate the cheese and place it in a separate bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Whisk the eggs with a fork. You can also prepare the egg dish in portions, then beat only 2 eggs in the bowl.
- Heat a pan and let the butter foam up in it. Pour in the prepared mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes at high heat. Let the mushrooms take some colour, then the taste will be more intense! Put some mushrooms aside for decoration.
- For the preparation of 2 eggs, use a small pan, prepare half of the fried mushrooms with 2 eggs in the pan.
- You can simply fold the egg dish made of 2 eggs into a half moon. This looks very nice and pleases the eye and palate.
- For the preparation of 2-6 eggs you need a large pan. Add the eggs to the mushrooms in the pan and let the egg set. Add the cheese and the smoked paprika after a few minutes.
- Fold the egg dish crescent-shaped on one side and let it brown slightly on both sides. Alternatively, you can leave your egg dish in the large pan in a round shape, turn it once and finish cooking.
- Arrange the eggs halved on warmed plates and serve quickly. Bon appetit!