Mediterranean Vegetables as Side Dish and Vegetarian Finger Food
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Prepare Mediterranean grilled Vegetables
- 2. Grill Mediterranean Vegetables in the Oven
- 3. The Mediterranean Vegetables are ready, quick Side Dish or Finger Food…
- 4. Final: The Composition of your Mediterranean Vegetarian Fingerfoods
- 5. Recipe Mediterranean Vegetables as Vegetarian Fingerfood
- 6. Nutritional Values and Calories Mediterranean Vegetables as Mediterranean Vegetarian Fingerfood
1. Prepare Mediterranean grilled VegetablesNow it’s time to clean and cut the vegetables. Choose some nice vegetables. Here are some suggestions from me:
- red bell pepper
- red onions or vegetable onions
- green asparagus
- firm tomatoes
- fresh garlic
Important note: Cut the vegetables to size so that they can cook and grill just as well in the oven.Season your vegetables with great Mediterranean herbs like rosemary, thyme, basil. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper. You can leave the garlic cloves whole. The vegetables are prepared, looks already raw incredibly tasty!
2. Grill Mediterranean Vegetables in the OvenThe time has come: You put your vegetables in the roaster or in the oven. It will take a while and you will bake and grill it… During this time you can prepare your slices of bread perfectly. Cut a baguette, a ciabatta or other suitable bread. The slices should not get too big. It’s supposed to be a Mediterranean vegetable finger food. Place the slices on a baking tray and sprinkle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. The Mediterranean Vegetables are ready, quick Side Dish or Finger Food…Your vegetables are now finely cooked and grilled and you can take them out of the oven. Wow, that looks great: Colourful, Mediterranean oven vegetables with plenty of delicious flavours. The stove is now free. Also roast your homemade crostini lightly brown in the oven.
4. Final: The Composition of your Mediterranean Vegetarian FingerfoodsNow you’re almost there. For a great presentation of the snacks on a plate or individual plates, place pleasant portions of each roasted slice of bread that you have previously rubbed with a fresh clove of garlic for the bite.
Tip: Mix dried tomatoes or olives into the vegetables. This gives an extra taste kick!Doesn’t that look great? Mediterranean vegetables on Crostini as finger food
5. Recipe Mediterranean Vegetables as Vegetarian FingerfoodHere now my recipe Mediterranean vegetables as a side dish or vegetarian finger food, have fun trying and tasting.
Mediterranean Vegetables - Vegetarian Fingerfood
Mediterranean vegetables as a side dish or as a vegetarian finger food snack, step by step instructions with many tips for cooking yourself by professional chef Thomas Sixt.
|1||pc||red bell pepper|
|1||pc||yellow bell pepper|
|6||pc||small to medium-sized mushrooms|
|6||pc||small vine tomatoes|
|2||pc||cloves of garlic|
|1||pinch||Salt (rock salt or Himalayan salt or sea salt)|
|some||Pepper (freshly ground from the pepper mill)|
|some||Mediterranean herbs (rosmary, thyme, basil)|
|8-12||slices||Baguette or Ciabatta (or other small bread roasted)|
|1||pc||clove of garlic|
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Clean the vegetables and cut into a suitable size. It should be able to cook in the oven evenly/simultaneously. On the one hand, the vegetables must be small enough to fit as a crostini topping. On the other hand, the vegetables should not be too small to burn in the oven.
Leave the garlic cloves whole so that you can fish them out again later after roasting in the oven.
Place the vegetables in a suitable roaster or baking tray. Season and sprinkle with olive oil in a thin stream. Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables.
Prepare crostini: Place on a baking tray, if possible on baking paper, baguette or ciabatta slices as thick as a finger. Sprinkle them lightly with oil or brush them with a brush. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Change the oven layout: vegetables out, crostini in. Roast the bread slices for 8-10 minutes.
After roasting, rub the bread slices with a fresh clove of garlic. Then cover with the vegetables. If the Mediterranean oven vegetables are still too coarse, simply cut them a little smaller to fit.
Off with the vegan party slices on the plate. Garnish with herbs and serve cold. The guests applaud 😉