When I have guests, I would like to make EVERYONE happy. All guests should be delighted with my finger food and the vegetarian and vegan tastes should also come to a tasty snack and not go out empty. The great thing is, these Mediterranean vegetable appetizers love ALL.
So let me invite you to get to know the uncomplicated and quick preparation for my roasted vegetable snacks and simply imitate me. Who wants to be even faster: Here it goes – swiftly – to the recipe Mediterranean grilled vegetables as finger food…
- 1. Prepare Mediterranean grilled Vegetables
- 2. Grill Mediterranean Vegetables in the Oven
- 3. The Mediterranean Vegetables are ready, quick Side Dish or Finger Food…
- 4. Final: The Composition of your Mediterranean Vegetarian Fingerfoods
- 5. Recipe Mediterranean Vegetables as Vegetarian Fingerfood
- 6. Nutritional Values and Calories Mediterranean Vegetables as Mediterranean Vegetarian Fingerfood
1. Prepare Mediterranean grilled Vegetables
Now it’s time to clean and cut the vegetables. Choose some nice vegetables. Here are some suggestions from me:
- red bell pepper
- red onions or vegetable onions
- green asparagus
- firm tomatoes
- fresh garlic
Let your imagination run wild, but it should be a bit Mediterranean 😉
Important note: Cut the vegetables to size so that they can cook and grill just as well in the oven.
Season your vegetables with great Mediterranean herbs like rosemary, thyme, basil. Add some salt and freshly ground pepper. You can leave the garlic cloves whole.
2. Grill Mediterranean Vegetables in the Oven
The time has come: You put your vegetables in the roaster or in the oven. It will take a while and you will bake and grill it…
During this time you can prepare your slices of bread perfectly. Cut a baguette, a ciabatta or other suitable bread. The slices should not get too big. It’s supposed to be a Mediterranean vegetable finger food.
Place the slices on a baking tray and sprinkle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. The Mediterranean Vegetables are ready, quick Side Dish or Finger Food…
Your vegetables are now finely cooked and grilled and you can take them out of the oven.
The stove is now free. Also roast your homemade crostini lightly brown in the oven.
4. Final: The Composition of your Mediterranean Vegetarian Fingerfoods
Now you’re almost there. For a great presentation of the snacks on a plate or individual plates, place pleasant portions of each roasted slice of bread that you have previously rubbed with a fresh clove of garlic for the bite.
Tip: Mix dried tomatoes or olives into the vegetables. This gives an extra taste kick!
Doesn’t that look great?
5. Recipe Mediterranean Vegetables as Vegetarian Fingerfood
Here now my recipe Mediterranean vegetables as a side dish or vegetarian finger food, have fun trying and tasting.
- 1 pc red bell pepper
- 1 pc yellow bell pepper
- 6 pc small to medium-sized mushrooms
- 1 pc small courgettes
- 6 pc small vine tomatoes
- 1 pc red onion
- 2 pc cloves of garlic
- 3 tbs oliv oil
- 1 pinch salt rock salt or Himalayan salt or sea salt
- some pepper freshly ground from the pepper mill
- some Mediterranean herbs rosmary, thyme, basil
- 8-12 slices Baguette or Ciabatta or other small bread roasted
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Clean the vegetables and cut into a suitable size. It should be able to cook in the oven evenly/simultaneously. On the one hand, the vegetables must be small enough to fit as a crostini topping. On the other hand, the vegetables should not be too small to burn in the oven. Leave the garlic cloves whole so that you can fish them out again later after roasting in the oven.
- Place the vegetables in a suitable roaster or baking tray. Season and sprinkle with olive oil in a thin stream. Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables.
- Prepare crostini: Place on a baking tray, if possible on baking paper, baguette or ciabatta slices as thick as a finger. Sprinkle them lightly with oil or brush them with a brush. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Change the oven layout: vegetables out, crostini in. Roast the bread slices for 8-10 minutes.
- After roasting, rub the bread slices with a fresh clove of garlic. Then cover with the vegetables. If the Mediterranean oven vegetables are still too coarse, simply cut them a little smaller to fit.
- Off with the vegan party slices on the plate. Garnish with herbs and serve cold. The guests applaud 😉