Cream Spinach Recipe, Spinach with Blubb Step by Step prepare
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Prepare Cream Spinach, the Essentials at a GlancePopeye has bought the green vegetables dozens of times and has always been big and strong… so that you can simply put the wonderful side dish on the table, I have summarized the most important points here:
- I would like to wash the leaves several times in cold water.
- Remove unattractive leaves, I like to leave the leaf stalks on the leaves, this means more fibre on the vegetables.
- You need onion or shallots and some garlic.
- Don’t forget butter or ghee and organic cream.
- I always bind the creamed spinach with cornflour.
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
… Blubb spinach tastes homemade absolutely delicious.
2. Cooking Video Spinach prepareSome time ago I created a suitable Headcam-Cooking Video. It shows you the preparation as an example. Maybe you like to look over my shoulder while cooking… Have fun, the video lasts only 5 minutes…
3. Cream Spinach RecipeNow you are well prepared and below you will find the step by step instructions with many photos. You can send me a cooking question directly via the comment function!
Cream Spinach Recipe
Rahmspinat, Cremespinat, Spinat mit Blubb, ein Rezept von Kochprofi Thomas Sixt mit Kochvideo und Schritt für Schritt Anleitung.
|1||kg||leaf spinach fresh (or 500 g deep-frozen spinach)|
|2||pc||shallots (or yellow onion)|
|1||pc||clove of garlic|
|1||cup||Cream (soy cream or cows milk cream)|
|4-6||pinches||Pepper (black, grounded)|
|1||tsp||Maize starch (to taste to the sauce bind or 1 tsp linseed)|
Wash the spinach leaves in plenty of cold water and change the water 2-3 times depending on the degree of soiling. Sand and other unwanted substances can only be removed by washing and moving the spinach several times in water. Place the leaf spinach on a sieve and drain or squeeze.
Remove the stalks from the leaves or leave the stalks on the leaves for more fibre in the vegetables.
Halve and peel the shallots and garlic clove. Both ingredients are easier to peel halved! and cut finely into cubes. Please use a sharp knife and do not chop the ingredients. Sweat the shallots and garlic cubes in a large pot with the butter for a few minutes until translucent.
Cut the peeled and halved onion into fine cubes.
Cut the peeled garlic into fine litters. Do not press the garlic, it will become bitter in taste.
Sweat the prepared garlic and onion cubes in a large pot or in a high pan with the butter for a few minutes until translucent.
Add the washed and drained spinach leaves.
Cook the leafy vegetables with lid over high heat for 2-3 minutes, the leaves collapse.
Mix the starch in cold water. If you stir the starch in cold water and then add it to the hot liquid, the starch will not clump!
Add the cream and bring to the boil once. Flavour with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg and leave to stand next to the stove without lid.
Mix the spinach with a hand blender.
Bring the creamed spinach to the boil again before serving and season to taste. Add some butter, ghee and lemon juice. Enjoy your meal!