Here I present my recipe Cupcakes with Coconut. Cupcakes are similar to small delicious muffins, but a little finer and nobler.
Cupcakes always have a great topping/frosting as decoration and come along like little cakes.
I like to make cupcakes for birthdays, Easter and other family celebrations. The small cakes are also great for tasting my dear colleagues on all kinds of anniversaries.
Now you certainly feel like baking… Let me show you the coconut cupcakes recipe.
I wish you every success and would be happy if you share the article on Facebook.
1. Cupcakes with Coconut, the Dough Preparation
I bake my cupcake bases mostly in paper moulds. This makes my cupcake a perfect finger food.
I prefer to take the sheets and place the paper moulds into them.
Without paper moulds it is also possible, then you use silicone moulds or muffin sheets directly.
You should grease both well without using paper.
UPDATE… I recommend you to use the paper moulds, so the dough cannot stick!
I preheat the oven well, because the cupcake dough needs high heat, so that the dough rises nicely.
The cakes get a light brown caramel crust on the outside and are beautifully juicy and fluffy baked on the inside.
The optimal baking temperature for cupcakes is 180° C at hot air.
The baking time is approx. 22 minutes.
The batter now needs some of your time and attention.
I always whip the eggs frothy with sugar, so that an airy volume comes into the dough.
I sieve the flour and slowly stir it in.
After baking, I let my cupcake bases cool in the muffin trays for 5-10 minutes and then remove them from the mould. With paper moulds it is very easy.
2. Topping for Cupcake with Coconut
I always prepare the topping which is also called frosting fresh. I would even apply the topping just before serving.
I prepare the coconut cream for my Cupcake Topping or Frosting with hardened coconut fat, icing sugar, cream cheese and coconut flakes.
2.2 Why is Cupcake Topping called Frosting?
You surely remember the “taste” of ice confection… Ice confectionery is prepared with coconut fat. Coconut fat creates this special cooling effect in the mouth. The Cupcake topping is frosting when prepared with coconut fat because it has the same cooling effect as ice confectionery.
3. Decoration of the Cupcakes
For my cupcakes I recommend coconut flakes or other sweet sprinkles of all shapes or pearls. There are no limits to your imagination.
I sprinkle the final decoration shortly before serving on the topping of the cupcakes.
4. Recipe Cupcakes with Coconut
- 2 pc eggs
- 130 g Butter
- 130 g brown sugar
- 2 packet vanilla sugar I like to use the mark 1 fresh vanilla pod
- 80 g flour
- 50 g coconut flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g hardened coconut oil I use the coconut fat room warm
- 160 g powder sugar/iced sugar
- 2 tbs lime or lemon juice
- 200 g cream cheese
- 80 g coconut flakes
- Beat beaten eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar for 4 minutes until foamy.
- Add soft butter, flour, coconut flakes and salt and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Load the muffin trays with paper moulds and fill in the cake mixture up to max. 1 cm below the edge.Bake the cupcake bases at 180 ° C for approx. 22 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Stir coconut fat with icing sugar and lime juice for 3 minutes until smooth, add cream cheese and coconut flakes and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Shortly before serving, sprinkle with caster sugar or other forms of sugar, such as hearts or balls.