Cherry Gratin Recipe – Clafoutis aux Cerises, a fine and quick Dessert
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Preparation for the Clafoutis aux CerisesCherry gratin as a delicious dessert French style. You will be tempted to start with the dessert first! For your dessert you need… Kitchen utensils:
- ovenproof dish
- pastry brush
- mixing bowl
- cherry stoner
- fresh cherries
- double cream
- vanilla sugar
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
2. Clafoutis – how to prepare itThe dough is similar in consistency and preparation to a pancake dough. The preparations are accordingly simple. A Clafoutis is a middle thing between cake and casserole and comes originally from the French Limousin. Here are the steps, you can find them further down in the recipe with photos…
- Butter the mould and preheat the oven to 180°C hot air.
- Pit the fresh cherries.
- Beat the dough ingredients well together.
3. Recipe Cherry GratinHere follows my recipe for cherry gratin with the exact quantities and the step by step explanations for you. For your questions: For this I am available to you over the comment function… Nobody can resist this French temptation with fresh cherries!
Cherry Gratin - Clafoutis aux Cerises
Cherry gratin recipe – Clafoutis recipe, a classic dessert with fresh cherries. Ingenious original French cherry dessert recipe to imitate with all the chef tips from German chef Thomas Sixt.
|250||g||fresh cherries (or 300g pickled, well drained cherries)|
|etwas||some lemon abrasion (i use the peel of an untreated lemon)|
|etwas||butter (for greasing the mould)|
|etwas||iced sugar (for dusting)|
Preheat the oven to 180° C.
Grease the flat oven dish well with butter.
Wash the cherries well and dry them on a kitchen towel.
Remove the pits from the fresh cherries. This can easily be done with a practical cherry pitter.
Place the cherries close to the bottom of the oven mould so that a layer is formed.
Mix the flour with the eggs, then add the sugar and milk.
Using a whisk, mix the ingredients to a homogeneous dough.
Add the crème double, vanilla sugar and lemon grated, and a pinch of salt.
Pour the liquid dough into the oven dish over the cherries.
Bake the casserole for 30 minutes at 180° C in the oven.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle generously with icing sugar.
Serve warm, enjoy your meal!
4. Calories Cherry Gratin
5. More recipes
More tarts and cakes:
Remember for Christmas: Christmas Tarte recipe from cookie dough