OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I would like to show you my traditional and delicious French Cherry Gratin recipe.
Such a cherry gratin is a great dessert, which you can also bring warm on the table. Your guests will definitely like it!
Clafoutis, that’s the French name, you can prepare with fresh cherries or with canned cherries. It is important to remember that the cherries must be stoned!
You can also use other fruits such as pears, apricots, berries and strawberries. But cherries are typical for this fine dessert à la Maman.
I wish you a lot of fun with the preparation and a good appetite!
1. Preparation for the Clafoutis aux Cerises
For your dessert you need…
- ovenproof dish
- pastry brush
- mixing bowl
- cherry stoner
Ingredients, shopping list:
- fresh cherries
- double cream
- vanilla sugar
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
You can also serve the cherry dessert with whipped cream.
2. Clafoutis – how to prepare it
The dough is similar in consistency and preparation to a pancake dough. The preparations are accordingly simple.
A Clafoutis is a middle thing between cake and casserole and comes originally from the French Limousin.
Here are the steps, you can find them further down in the recipe with photos…
- Butter the mould and preheat the oven to 180°C hot air.
- Pit the fresh cherries.
- Beat the dough ingredients well together.
Cherries in the mold – dough in the mold – baking – hmmm…
It smells delicious… Enjoy now!
3. Recipe Cherry Gratin
Here follows my recipe for cherry gratin with the exact quantities and the step by step explanations for you.
For your questions: For this I am available to you over the comment function…
- 250 g fresh cherries or 300g pickled, well drained cherries
- 40 g flour
- 2 Stück eggs
- 1 Stück egg yolk
- 40 g brown sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 50 g Crème double
- 1 Päckchen vanilla sugar
- etwas some lemon abrasion i use the peel of an untreated lemon
- 1 Prise salt
- etwas Butter for greasing the mould
- etwas iced sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease the flat oven dish well with butter. Wash the cherries well and dry them on a kitchen towel.
- Remove the pits from the fresh cherries. This can easily be done with a practical cherry pitter.
- Place the cherries close to the bottom of the oven mould so that a layer is formed.
- Mix the flour with the eggs, then add the sugar and milk.
- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients to a homogeneous dough.
- Add the crème double, vanilla sugar and lemon grated, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the liquid dough into the oven dish over the cherries.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes at 180° C in the oven. Remove from the oven and sprinkle generously with icing sugar. Serve warm, enjoy your meal!
4. Calories Cherry Gratin
5. More recipesWith cherries: Cherry pie with puff pastry
Cherry cake with shortcrust pastry More tarts and cakes: Lemon tart - Tarte au Citron
Strawberry tart, a fantastic strawberry cake
Apricot tart with puff pastry
Apricot cake with shortcrust pastry - Apricot tarts Remember for Christmas: Christmas Tarte recipe from cookie dough
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Baking Recipes
- Cake Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Cherries Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- French Recipes
- Seasonal Ingredients Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German