Cheese Spaetzle Recipe – Cheese Noodles Recipe from Germany original named Spätzle
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Cheese Spaetzle – Cheese Noodles Shopping ListFor the simple cheese spaetzle you need the following ingredients…
- Spätzle from the day before, homemade Spätzle or Spätzle ready bought
- Cheese – Ideal is a strong mountain cheese or/and a matured organic Emmentaler
- Roasted onions, I use roasted onions bought in this recipe
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, sugar and cayenne pepper
- Optional fresh onions
- butter and some oil
- parsley or other fresh herbs such as thyme, chervil, chives, lovage
2. Cheese Noodles Chef TipsSince I have also worked as a cook in the Allgäu for a short time, I would like to give you some tips for the cheese spaetzle.
2.1 Cheese noodles with homemade fried onionsRoasted onions do not necessarily come from the deep fryer but from the pan 🙂 … You can supplement the recipe with fresh onions roasted in the pan. Cut onions into strips and sweat in a pan with a little oil light brown. Finally add some sugar to the onions and brown, caramelise the onions lightly. Homemade, freshly prepared, fried fried onions taste great. If it’s quick, you can use bought fried onions. Food Photographer Thomas Sixt
2.2 Making your own spaetzle for cheese spaetzleI would like to add an original Spätzle dough recipe here. Maybe you want to make the Spätzle yourself… Spätzle dough recipe for 2 persons Ingredients Spaetzle dough: 250 g sieved flour 4 pinches salt 2 pinches of black pepper 2 pinches of nutmeg 3 eggs 80-100 ml lukewarm water Make spaetzle:
- Mix the ingredients for the spaetzle dough in a bowl in the order given.
- Beat the dough with a wooden spoon until it is thick and bubbles.
- I drive the dough through a grater directly through boiling salted water.
- Who it can scrapes the Spätzle from the board.
- If the Spätzle above swimming directly with the skimmer remove and in cold water quench.
- Mix the drained spaetzle with vegetable oil so that they don’t stick together.
3. My Cheese Spaetzle Recipe – German Cheese NoodlesFollowing my recipe with exact ingredients details. I wish you good success with your own cooking. If you have any questions about the recipe, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page. I am happy!
Cheese Spaetzle, German Cheese Noodles Recipe
Simple cheese spaetzle recipe with original information from the Allgäu Germany. All tips for perfect Chef Käsespätzle from chef Thomas Sixt.
Ingredients for Spaetzle
|250||g||Flour (The flour please freshly sieve...)|
Cheese spaetzle Ingredients for simple, fast cheese spaetzle
|120||g||mountain cheese (I like to mix mountain cheese and Emmentaler)|
Optional ingredients for pan-fried onions
|4||pinches||brown cane sugar|
Decoration and gifts
Make your own Spaetzle
Place the ingredients for the spaetzle dough in a bowl in the order given, stir and beat with a wooden spoon. The spaetzle dough should throw bubbles. Boil water in a large saucepan and season with salt. Drive the prepared dough through a spaetzle grater. Remove the floating spaetzle from the pot and cool quickly in cold water. Mix immediately with some butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Optionally prepare pan-roasted onion
Peel the onions, cut off the root, halve the onions and cut them into strips. Sweat the onion strips with the oil until light brown, finally add some sugar and caramelise the onions lightly. Make the onions ready for the cheese spaetzle.
Insert cheese noodles
Brush an oven dish with butter. Sprinkle in the bought or homemade spaetzle. Optionally sprinkle in the pan-roasted onions, the roasted onions and grated cheese. In this scheme fill the oven dish. Finish filling with roasted onions and cheese.
Cheese spaetzle to prepare and arrange
Cook the cheese noodles in the oven at 170°C hot air for 30 minutes. Arrange the cheese noodles on plates. The ideal side dish is a leaf salad with a simple vinegar oil dressing.
4. Calories Cheese noodles
5. Note on gluten-free nutrition
You can prepare the spaetzle with gluten-free flour.