The recipe for Carrot Soup shows you clearly the different variants of the popular soup.
You can cook this fine, light soup yourself in about 30 minutes. Carrot soup with cream, carrot soup with coconut milk and ginger, carrot soup with curry … here you will surely find a suitable recipe for you.
The appearance of the foamed carrot cream soup makes a real joy and your loved ones are certainly enthusiastic. Put a fine soup on your plate, have fun and succeed!
1. Preparing simple Carrot Soup
The simple preparation of the basic carrot cream soup explained here step by step with photos:
- For 4 people, wash approx. 1 kg carrots, peel and chop into small pieces, place in a high pot.
- Peel four shallots or two onions, dice into small cubes and add to the carrots.
- Finely chop half a clove of garlic and add to the carrots.
- Optionally, for a creamy pumpkin cream soup, peel a large potato and add it cut into small pieces.
- Pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil into the pot, alternatively a piece of butter (approx. 30 g).
- Sweat carrots and onions for approx. 10 minutes until glassy (without colour).
- Deglaze with dry white wine and vegetable stock and bring the soup to the boil.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes. Mix and serve sprinkled with freshly cut parsley.
- You can easily refine this basic soup with cream or coconut milk and prepare different variations of the soup, please note the points 2-5 in this article.
Tip: The simple basic soup (without cream and coconut milk) is a pleasant light meal. The carrot soup is good for the stomach and strengthens.
Some step by step photos of the preparation of carrot soup:
2. Carrot Soup with Cream
Bring the basic soup to the boil, slowly add a cup of cream to the boiling liquid and bring to the boil. Season the soup with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a little cayenne pepper. Add a cold piece of butter and mix until fluffy with a hand blender.
3. Carrot Soup with Coconut Milk
Shake a can of coconut milk well before opening. Slowly pour the coconut milk into the boiling soup and bring to the boil. Flavour the soup with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a little cayenne pepper, refine the soup with orange juice. Orange juice gives the soup an exciting aroma and an interesting acidity. You can also mix this soup with a cold piece of butter using a hand blender.
Cream and coconut milk do not flocculate if you pour them into the boiling soup!
4. Carrot Soup with Ginger
Both the basic soup and the carrot soup with cream or coconut milk taste excellent with ginger. Cut two slices of ginger into small pieces and place the ginger in the soup immediately after the quenching. The ginger now has enough time to develop its flavour and the aroma can develop wonderfully.
5. Carrot Soup with Curry … and Curcuma
For the carrot soup with curry I recommend the variant with coconut milk and ginger. These ingredients fit together great and harmonize perfectly. Add a little turmeric to the carrot soup. The turmeric is extremely healthy and supports digestion.
6. Recipe for Carrot Soup
Below is my recipe for the carrot soup with exact quantities. Tips for the soup and decoration can be found with the ingredients and additional information on how to prepare a vegan carrot soup.
- 30 g Butter or vegetable oil (vegan)
- 1 kg carrots or yellow beets
- 1-2 pc onion or 4 shallots, these are more fine in taste!
- 1/2 pc clove of garlic
- 1 pc potato optional for ea carrot cream soup
- 40 ml dry white wine or prosecco
- 800 ml water
- 1-2 cube vegetable broth
- 4 pinch salt
- 3 pinch pepper
- 3 pinch nutmeg
- 2 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 50 ml orange juice
- 4 tbs Goji berrries decoration
- 1/2 bunch mint decoration , very refreshing!
- 1 pot cream
- 1/2 bunch parsley optional thyme, lovage, cress
- 2 slices fresh ginger generally always fits, better with coconut milk
- 1 tbs Curry
- 1 tbs curkuma
- 1 tsp honey curry always tolerates a little sweet addition! Vegan: Use thick agave juice!
- 4 bts pomegranate seeds
- Place a large high pot on the stove, butter or vegetable oil in the pot.
- Prepare the carrots: Wash, peel and chop the carrots and put them in the pot. I usually halve the carrots once lengthwise and cut thin slices, small carrot slices cook faster, then the soup is ready.
- Peel and finely dice the onions or shallots and place in the pot. Cut the garlic finely into slices and add to the mixture. Optionally cut a potato into small pieces and add to the vegetables. Note on garlic: I never press garlic because it makes the garlic bitter and pungent in taste.
- Sweat the vegetables in the pot for about 10 minutes until colourless.
- Deglaze with dry white wine and fill up with water. The vegetables should be well covered with liquid. Season with vegetable stock, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Bring the soup to the boil and prepare the respective variant.
- Let the soup simmer for 25 minutes, then mix with a hand blender. Season with salt, pepper and orange juice.
- Bring the soup to the boil, pour the coconut milk into the boiling soup, season with orange juice, mix and arrange the soup, decorate with goji berries and mint.
- Bring the soup to the boil, slowly pour the cream into the soup, season to taste, mix and arrange the soup, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve (optional thyme, lovage, cress).
- Ginger goes well with all varieties of this soup; it harmonises best with coconut milk, curry and turmeric. Generally add the ginger cut into small pieces after the quenching so that it can develop the taste in the soup.
- Season basic soup with curry, turmeric and honey or agave syrup. Refine as desired with cream or coconut milk. Before serving, mix the soup vigorously until foamy and pour into soup plates or cups. You can decorate and serve this soup with pomegranate seeds, mint or parsley or with coriander.