OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my recipe Beetroot Salad with many step by step photos to prepare. The beetroot tastes best fresh and homemade.
If you know the beetroot only from the glass, then try this recipe. You can cook the turnips either in the pot, in the steam cooker or in the pressure pot. Prepared in the pressure pot, the turnips are ready in a flash.
After cooking, you can peel the boiled turnips under running cold water and then let them cool down. Then it goes into the marinade.
I will show you how to prepare the marinade step by step in the following photos. Good luck!
1. Prepare Beetroot Salad
The preparation is quite simple…
- Cook the turnips in salted water until soft. Use a pressure pot, then it goes faster.
- Then pour the turnips into the sink and peel with cold water.
- Peeling is very easy, the skin peels off easily.
- Let the turnips cool lukewarm, then cut into fine slices and place in a bowl.
- Add white wine vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, oil and freshly ground caraway seeds.
Mix the salad and marinate for 15 minutes, then serve quickly and enjoy. I have already written elsewhere about the health effects of beetroot!
2. Recipe for Beetroot Salad
Below are the step-by-step instructions with many photos. If you have any questions please use the comment function!
- 500 g beetroot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp caraway
- 40 ml white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 pinches black pepper
- 1/2 tsp brown cane sugar
- 70 ml sunflower oil or olive oil
- Cook the beetroot in salted water until soft. You can use a pressure pot, then it goes faster.
- Pour off the beetroot and peel under running cold water. Then let cool and cut out unattractive places.
- Cut the turnips into thin slices, you can also use a slicer.
- Place the beet slices in a bowl.
- Toast the caraway in a mortar so that the aroma can develop better.
- Season the beet slices with caraway, salt, sugar, vinegar and oil.
- Refine beetroot salad with pepper, mix well and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Season beetroot salad to taste, arrange and serve. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories beetroot salad, the nutritional values at a glance
4. Other Beetroot RecipesBeetroot soup
Borscht - Red beet stew
Herring feast with beetroot
Labskaus with beetroot
Beetroot and lentil salad
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- Side Dishes Salad Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German