OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my recipe Green Bean Salad. The green beans come in two variations… with pumpkin seed oil and… classic with vinegar-oil dressing.
What has to be considered during preparation? What goes well with a bean salad? Which onion is right? Which vinegar promises a good taste? I’ll answer all these questions here in this article.
The popular side salad goes well with many skin dishes with fish and meat. We appreciate its cooling effect when grilling and BBQ in summer.
Get many tips for salad and dressing now. Good luck!
1. Salad with Green Beans, the most important Things at a Glance…
- After removing the ends, cook the beans in boiling salted water until al dente and then in ice water. The green colour of the bean is retained by the rapid cooling.
- Use preferably red onions for bean salad. Immediately after cutting, soak the onion cubes in vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar. The fermentation process of the sliced onion is thus interrupted. The onion tastes fresh and fine in the salad.
- Red wine vinegar and white wine vinegar are the preferred varieties.
- Balsamic vinegar: Use a matured, old balsamic vinegar or a boiled down balsamic vinegar cream.
- You can also try lemon juice, which is used in Ayurvedic cooking instead of vinegar!
- Use neutral vegetable oil or pumpkin seed oil. If you’re going to Austria, you’ll find the lettuce on the menu as a ‘Fisolensalat’.
- Do not leave the prepared salad warm for too long and consume it quickly.
The typical side dish salad goes well with Sunday roast meat, short roasted meat and generally as a healthy supplement to snacks.
2. Recipe Bean Salad with Green Beans
Below you will find step-by-step instructions and supplementary tips.
- 150 g fresh green beans
- 1 pc red onion
- 4-6 pinches salt
- 4 pinches brown sugar I prefer to use raw cane sugar
- 3 pinches pepper
- 1-2 tbs white wine vinegar or balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 1-2 tbs sun flower oil
- 1-2 tbs pumpkin seed oil
- Wash and dry the beans and cut off the ends.
- Prepare the beans for blanching. Place a pot of water on top and bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt.
- Place the beans in the boiling water and blanch until al dente.
- Then cool the cooked beans in cold water. Water with ice cubes is ideal.
- Halve and peel the onion and garlic.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Put onion cubes and garlic cubes in a bowl. Add vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar and mix well.
- Add the cooled and drained beans to the vinegar marinade.
- Next refine with neutral oil or pumpkin seed oil. Try salad and season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Arrange and serve the salad. Enjoy your meal!
Fry the bacon cubes in a pan until crispy and sprinkle lukewarm over the salad. Bean salad with cream...
Replace vinegar with lemon juice and mix with 30 ml cream. Grandma's bean salad...
My grandmother prepared the salad with neutral, diluted vinegar essence. Use a commercial table vinegar for bean salad according to grandma´s style.
3. Calories Green Bean Salad, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
4. More RecipesMore side dishes salads:
Potato Salad recipes
Tomato Salad Bean salad goes well with:
Bavarian roast pork
Quick roast pork
Steak with fried potatoes
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Barbecue Recipes
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- salads to grill
- Side Dishes Salad Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German