BHere I would like to introduce you to my recipe Banana Cake. My vegan cake is juicy, nutty and has addictive potential.
Today we want to bake something special: a cake with fresh bananas. Bananas are at the forefront of the fruit’s popularity. They are cheerful yellow, quick to peel and easy to process.
Bananas have the great property of binding like eggs in a cake batter. This makes the eggs superfluous. You don’t have to be vegan to love this cake!
We will now start the baking fun… I wish you good luck!
1. Vegan Banana Cake easy made
I’ll tell you a secret here: anyone can bake a cake! Even if you don’t have all the ingredients from my recipe at hand, your baking world is colourful and beautiful. With the right proportions and variable ingredients nothing can go wrong 🙂
This is my ingredient list:
Flour, ground almonds, coconut flakes, walnuts and oil are in a ratio of 1:1
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of peeled walnuts
- 1 cup of oil
- baking powder
- coconut blossom sugar, icing sugar, salt
It’s all to your taste:
You could also use ground hazelnut or oatmeal or do something really crazy that only you can come up with. Just stick to the indicated proportions, then it’s guaranteed to be good!
If you don’t have saffron in the house, turmeric or no turmeric at all is possible.
Tin form or springform pan or baking tray – every baking form is suitable!
If you like, you can bake fine muffins from the dough. An ideal cake snack to offer or for on the way. Reduce the baking time to 12-15 minutes!
2. Nuts or Chocolate pleasing?
Now comes my sensational tip for you:
Caramelise the chopped walnuts and add them to the dough before baking. Don’t forget to add a little salt, it will give a kick to the palate!
Alternatively, you can add dark chocolate shavings or crumbs to the dough. Crazy people chop up their favourite chocolate bar and add it to the dough. Everything goes with chocolate, caramel or nuts.
Other nuts and crisps are just as conceivable: Hazelnut, macadamia, cashew, Brazil nut, peanut, sunflower seed…
If you like, you can even have raisins – not me!
3. Recipe Banana Cake
- 1 cup flour finely sieved
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup oil rape oil, safflower oil or sunflower oil
- 3 pc banana medium sized
- 2 tbs agave syrup or brown sugar or (not vegan!) honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pc pulp of a vanilla pod or 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch saffron or curcuma
- 2 tbs oil for brushing out the baking tin
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs coconut blossom sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pc banana medium sized
- 1 tbs iced sugar
- Prepare all ingredients and preheat the oven at 160° C with circulating air. Brush an oven dish of 18cm diameter with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Chop 1 cup of walnuts into brittle size with a sharp knife.
- Fry the chopped walnuts in 2 tablespoons of oil in a hot frying pan. Then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of coconut blossom sugar and caramelise.
- Spread the caramelized walnut pieces on a baking paper and let them cool down.
- Place 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of coconut flakes, 1 cup of ground almonds, 1 cup of oil, 2 tablespoons agave syrup, vanilla pulp of one pod, 1 pinch of saffron and 1 teaspoon baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with a mixer for a good 2 minutes to a crumbly dough.
- Peel 3 bananas and put them on a baking paper.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the banana paste to the dough.
- Using the mixer, mix the dough with the banana paste for 2 minutes, so that the dough falls off the spoon in a ripping motion.
- Carefully stir the cooled, caramelised walnuts with a wooden spoon into the banana cake batter.
- Fill the greased cake tin with the dough.
- Place the filled baking tin in the middle of the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and make the cooking test with a wooden stick. If no dough remains liquid or creamy sticky, the cake dough is ready to bake. Then you can immediately continue with the topping...
- Increase the oven temperature to 220° C and adjust the top heat.2 Peel and slice the bananas. Place the banana slices brick-like on the baked cake. Dust with 2 tbsp. icing sugar.
- Bake the cake again for 7-10 minutes so that the bananas caramelise. Alternative: Do not put the cake back in the oven, but use a Créme Brûlée burner to caramelise the banana topping.
- Serve fresh with cream or fresh berries after cooling down. Bon appetit!