Asparagus with smoked Salmon Recipe
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Sauce Hollandaise safely preparedRight at the beginning you will find here a Headcam-Cooking Video to get you in the mood. I show you now a great preparation variant for the sauce Hollandaise:
- Instead of the water bath, I heat the stainless steel bowl of the food processor.
- Heat the bowl in the oven at 90°C for 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter, brown it and pass it through a fine sieve, let it cool down to 90°C.
- Prepare the reduction for the sauce Hollandaise and make it ready.
- Separate and prepare the yolks.
2. Recipe for smoked Salmon with AsparagusWOW, You’re perfectly prepared now. Below are all the ingredients with exact details. Wish you good luck!
Asparagus with smoked Salmon and Sauce Hollandaise
Salmon and asparagus recipe with cooking video for the addition of Hollandaise sauce. A professional cook’s guide by Thomas Sixt.
|30||ml||dry white wine|
|Salt (I use Himalayan salt!)|
|Pepper (I'm using white pepper here!)|
Salmon and Asparagus
|1||bunch||white asparagus (You can also use green asparagus!)|
|Salt (I use Himalayan salt!)|
|1||tbs||butter (You can also use some of the clarified butter for the sauce!)|
Sauce Hollandaise prekär
Place a high stainless steel bowl or the appropriate hammer bowl from the mixer in the oven. Place the plates in the oven to serve. Heat the oven at 80-100°C hot air.
Prepare the reduction for the Hollandaise sauce: Peel the shallot, cut into fine cubes and bring to the boil with white wine, water, vinegar, parsley, tarragon, bay leaf and peppercorns. Reduce the reduction to 3-4 tablespoons. Pass the prepared reduction through a sieve and make ready.
Heat the butter for the Hollandaise sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Clarify the butter to a light brown shade, then pass through a fine sieve and let it temper next to the stove (approx. 90°C).
Asparagus and Salmon prepare
Peel the asparagus and cook in salted water with a little sugar until al dente. Remove asparagus and keep warm in the oven covered with a butterflake.
Unpack the smoked salmon and prepare the slices.
Sauce Hollandaise prepare
Remove the preheated stainless steel bowl from the oven. Pour the egg yolks into the bowl, let the mixer run at a high speed with the whisk, slowly add the prepared reduction to the egg yolks.
Add the clarified brown butter slowly by the spoonful, then faster. The egg yolks and butter must emulsify immediately and combine. Season the hollandaise sauce with a little chilli or cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let the mixer run slowly.
Take the plates out of the oven. Wrap the asparagus stems with the smoked salmon and place on the preheated plates. Pour the Hollandaise sauce on salmon and asparagus and decorate with cress. Serve quickly! Enjoy your meal!
Note: The Hollandaise sauce can be kept warm in the oven at 90°C for about 15 minutes. Put a thin slice of butter on top of the sauce so that no skin appears!
3. Calories (kcal) Asparagus with smoked Salmon and Sauce Hollandaise
4. Related Articles and Recipes
Other recipes with asparagus and hollandaise sauce:
Asparagus recipes by Kochprofi Thomas Sixt
Sauce Hollandaise with blender stick save or prepare
Sauce Bernaise and derivates of the classic Sauce Hollandaise
Sauce Hollandaise in the Thermomix prepare
Weitere Rezepte mit Räucherlachs und Lachs: