Here I show you the recipe Asparagus with smoked Salmon.
You will also find homemade hollandaise according to my secret recipe.
In the video “Preparing Hollandaise Sauce” you can look over my shoulders and discover a sure-fire variant for preparing the whipped butter sauce.
I wish you every success, questions about the recipe can be answered via the comment function at the end of this page. Have fun!
1. Sauce Hollandaise safely prepared
Right at the beginning you will find here a Headcam-Cooking Video to get you in the mood.
I show you now a great preparation variant for the sauce Hollandaise:
- Instead of the water bath, I heat the stainless steel bowl of the food processor.
- Heat the bowl in the oven at 90°C for 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter, brown it and pass it through a fine sieve, let it cool down to 90°C.
- Prepare the reduction for the sauce Hollandaise and make it ready.
- Separate and prepare the yolks.
Prepare the asparagus before the sauces: Peel, cook until al dente and keep warm. Prepare the smoked salmon and the cress for serving. Preheat the plates in the oven. Watch the video now and cook it yourself 🙂
2. Recipe for smoked Salmon with Asparagus
WOW, You’re perfectly prepared now. Below are all the ingredients with exact details. Wish you good luck!
- 1 pc shallot
- 30 ml dry white wine
- 80 ml water
- 1 tbs vinegar
- some parsley
- 1/2 tbs tarragon
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 2 pc peppercorns
- 250 g Butter
- 2 pc egg yolk
- some Cayenne pepper
- some nutmeg
- salt I use Himalayan salt!
- pepper I'm using white pepper here!
- 300 g smoked salmon
- 1 bunch white asparagus You can also use green asparagus!
- salt I use Himalayan salt!
- brown sugar
- 1 tbs Butter You can also use some of the clarified butter for the sauce!
- 1 packet cress
- Place a high stainless steel bowl or the appropriate hammer bowl from the mixer in the oven. Place the plates in the oven to serve. Heat the oven at 80-100°C hot air.
- Prepare the reduction for the Hollandaise sauce: Peel the shallot, cut into fine cubes and bring to the boil with white wine, water, vinegar, parsley, tarragon, bay leaf and peppercorns. Reduce the reduction to 3-4 tablespoons. Pass the prepared reduction through a sieve and make ready.
- Heat the butter for the Hollandaise sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Clarify the butter to a light brown shade, then pass through a fine sieve and let it temper next to the stove (approx. 90°C).
- Peel the asparagus and cook in salted water with a little sugar until al dente. Remove asparagus and keep warm in the oven covered with a butterflake.
- Unpack the smoked salmon and prepare the slices.
- Remove the preheated stainless steel bowl from the oven. Pour the egg yolks into the bowl, let the mixer run at a high speed with the whisk, slowly add the prepared reduction to the egg yolks.
- Add the clarified brown butter slowly by the spoonful, then faster. The egg yolks and butter must emulsify immediately and combine. Season the hollandaise sauce with a little chilli or cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Let the mixer run slowly.
- Take the plates out of the oven. Wrap the asparagus stems with the smoked salmon and place on the preheated plates. Pour the Hollandaise sauce on salmon and asparagus and decorate with cress. Serve quickly! Enjoy your meal!
- Note: The Hollandaise sauce can be kept warm in the oven at 90°C for about 15 minutes. Put a thin slice of butter on top of the sauce so that no skin appears!
3. Calories (kcal) Asparagus with smoked Salmon and Sauce Hollandaise
4. Related Articles and RecipesOther recipes with asparagus and hollandaise sauce: Asparagus recipes by Kochprofi Thomas Sixt
Sauce Hollandaise with blender stick save or prepare
Sauce Bernaise and derivates of the classic Sauce Hollandaise
Sauce Hollandaise in the Thermomix prepare Other recipes with smoked salmon and salmon: Fried salmon with asparagus and Sauce Hollandaise
Salmon in the oven simply prepared
Pasta with salmon
Salmon pasta with lemon sauce