My recipe Asparagus Risotto is presented in this article. Whether you use green asparagus or white asparagus, both varieties are delicious.
The asparagus season in Germany begins in April and ends on St. John’s Day, 24 June, at the end of the asparagus New Year’s Eve.
I’ll show you how to prepare asparagus risotto step by step in the article. In addition, there are tips on how to perfectly match the colour of your asparagus risotto.
This is how you conjure up joy on the table. I wish you all the best!
1. Asparagus Risotto Shopping List for the Supermarket
For the asparagus risotto you need the following ingredients:
- A bunch of asparagus white or green
- young garlic
- some cocktail tomatoes
- 1-2 shallots
- risotto rice
- optional dry white wine
- vegetable broth
- butter, olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg
- Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
You can find the exact quantities below in the recipe asparagus risotto!
2. Prepare asparagus risotto step by step
For the asparagus risotto I first prepare the decorations and grave goods…
Guaranteed success: Cook the asparagus in an extra pot until exactly firm to the bite. Use a little water to boil the asparagus and season the water with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a little sugar. Then use the asparagus stock in addition to the vegetable stock for risotto preparation. This adds asparagus flavour to the risotto and the asparagus is exactly firm to the bite.
3. Asparagus risotto recipe
Below you will find my recipe for asparagus risotto. I learned how to prepare it from an Italian cook in Verona. With the tips in the article you can change and complete the recipe according to your own taste. You’ll find another simple asparagus risotto recipe elsewhere with lots of tips! Wish you good luck!
- 1 bunch asparagus green or white asparagus
- 1-2 pc shallots
- 300-400 ml vegatable broth
- some brown sugar
- 4 tbs olive oil
- some Butter
- 120 g risotto rice
- 80 ml dry white wine optional!
- etwas nutmeg
- pepper I try black pepper for this risotto
- etwas olive oil
- 1 Stück young garlic
- etwas salt
- 6 Stück cocktail tomatoes
- 40 g Parmesan cheese or Pecorino cheese
- Cut young garlic green into thin slices and fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until light brown. Drain the fried garlic on a paper towel and season with salt.
- Brown the risotto rice and diced shallots in a pan with a little butter and olive oil. Add the white wine, bring to the boil with the vegetable stock and simmer until light. Stir the risotto constantly.
- Peel the asparagus and cut off the ends, cut the asparagus spears into fine pieces up to the tips. Season a little water with salt, pepper and sugar and bring to the boil. Cook the asparagus pieces until al dente, drain and use the cooking water for the risotto.
- Marinate the cocktail tomatoes in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and caramelize with the cream Brulee Brenner.
- Finely grate the cheese, add some cheese, butter and olive oil to make the risotto creamy.
- Season the asparagus risotto to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the asparagus pieces without the tips to the risotto.
- Arrange the asparagus risotto on warm plates and toss the prepared decorative asparagus tips in foamed butter and place on the risotto.Sprinkle risotto with cheese, add caramelized cocktail tomatoes, sprinkle with crispy garlic, sprinkle risotto with some cold olive oil and serve quickly.
Johann Lafer cooks his asparagus risotto with Kalahari salt and Malabar pepper.
Cornelia Poletto cooks asparagus risotto with allspice d'Espelette and mint.
Jamie Oliver cooks his asparagus risotto with lots of lemon and mint.