Prepare asparagus risotto with green asparagus. Step by step recipe for gourmets!
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Asparagus Risotto Shopping List for the SupermarketFor the asparagus risotto you need the following ingredients:
- A bunch of asparagus white or green
- young garlic
- some cocktail tomatoes
- 1-2 shallots
- risotto rice
- optional dry white wine
- vegetable broth
- butter, olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg
- Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
2. Prepare asparagus risotto step by stepFor the asparagus risotto I first prepare the decorations and grave goods… My asparagus risotto needs asparagus, shallots, young garlic, cocktail tomatoes. Green asparagus peel only at the ends, white asparagus starting 3-4 cm below the tip. Young garlic is the first choice for the asparagus risotto. Young garlic is recognizable by its green colour. I cut the green into fine rings… Fry the young asparagus finely chopped in hot oil until crispy light brown. This only takes about 2-3 minutes. Remove crispy fried young garlic from the pan, drain on kitchen crepe, season with salt to decorate the asparagus risotto. Finely dice the shallots and brown them in a pot with the rice in a little olive oil until colourless. Then add the broth and simmer for 18-20 minutes until stirring. Keep the risotto liquid so that you get a creamy risotto on the table. Cut the peeled asparagus into small or large pieces. For this risotto I decided to cut the asparagus spears into thin slices. Cook the long tops and the asparagus pieces in a pot with water until al dente. Season the water with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
Guaranteed success: Cook the asparagus in an extra pot until exactly firm to the bite. Use a little water to boil the asparagus and season the water with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a little sugar. Then use the asparagus stock in addition to the vegetable stock for risotto preparation. This adds asparagus flavour to the risotto and the asparagus is exactly firm to the bite.The cocktail tomatoes with some olive oil, salt. Marinate the pepper and sugar. Then caramelize with a cream Brulee burner and prepare for serving. Place the cooked asparagus on a sieve and cook the risotto until al dente. Flavour the risotto with butter, grated cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and place the asparagus pieces under the risotto without the tips. Arrange the asparagus risotto: Heat the plates, put the asparagus risotto on the plates, toss the asparagus tips in butter and add to the sauce. Add the tomatoes and serve with finely grated cheese, fried garlic and olive oil. The asparagus risotto looks delicious and tastes fantastic.
3. Asparagus risotto recipeBelow you will find my recipe for asparagus risotto. I learned how to prepare it from an Italian cook in Verona. With the tips in the article you can change and complete the recipe according to your own taste. You’ll find another simple asparagus risotto recipe elsewhere with lots of tips! Wish you good luck!
Asparagus risotto recipe green or white asparagus
Prepare risotto with asparagus, asparagus risotto with green asparagus and white asparagus step by step with photos. Tips from the star cuisine with great and colorful decoration. Chef Thomas Sixt shows you his tips.
Asparagus risotto Ingredients
|1||bunch||Asparagus (green or white asparagus)|
|80||ml||dry white wine (optional!)|
|Pepper (I try black pepper for this risotto)|
Decoration and gifts
|40||g||Parmesan cheese (or Pecorino cheese)|
Cut young garlic green into thin slices and fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until light brown. Drain the fried garlic on a paper towel and season with salt.
Brown the risotto rice and diced shallots in a pan with a little butter and olive oil. Add the white wine, bring to the boil with the vegetable stock and simmer until light. Stir the risotto constantly.
Peel the asparagus and cut off the ends, cut the asparagus spears into fine pieces up to the tips. Season a little water with salt, pepper and sugar and bring to the boil. Cook the asparagus pieces until al dente, drain and use the cooking water for the risotto.
Marinate the cocktail tomatoes in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and caramelize with the cream Brulee Brenner.
Finely grate the cheese, add some cheese, butter and olive oil to make the risotto creamy.
Season the asparagus risotto to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the asparagus pieces without the tips to the risotto.
Arrange the asparagus risotto on warm plates and toss the prepared decorative asparagus tips in foamed butter and place on the risotto.
Sprinkle risotto with cheese, add caramelized cocktail tomatoes, sprinkle with crispy garlic, sprinkle risotto with some cold olive oil and serve quickly.
Information about Asparagus Risotto by Schuhbeck, Lafer, Jamie Oliver and Poletto:
Alfons Schuhbeck cooks his asparagus risotto with ginger and lemon peel.
Johann Lafer cooks his asparagus risotto with Kalahari salt and Malabar pepper.
Cornelia Poletto cooks asparagus risotto with allspice d’Espelette and mint.
Jamie Oliver cooks his asparagus risotto with lots of lemon and mint.
4. Calories asparagus risotto, the nutritional values
More risotti recipes on this page: