OTHER LANGUAGES: German
I’ll show you my recipe for Grill Asparagus today.
As a side dish I have prepared parsley potatoes and I replace the sauce with a fine nut butter. The nut butter is a cooked, clarified and browned butter that tastes delicious.
This asparagus dish you conjure up on your plate in less than 30 minutes. You can use green or white asparagus.
I wish you every success!
1. Buying and preparing Asparagus
I prefer local asparagus, it tastes better and comes at best from your surroundings. By buying domestic asparagus you firstly secure jobs in Germany and secondly you contribute to less CO2 pollution. That helps the planet!
German asparagus season: early April to late June. The official end is the asparagus New Year’s Eve on 24 June.
1.1 Detect fresh Asparagus
You can recognize fresh asparagus by the following characteristics:
- Shiny peel
- Closed asparagus heads
- Fresh asparagus has no brown spots
- Fresh asparagus smells pleasant
1.2 Asparagus peeling made easy
I’ll show you the professional chef asparagus peeler in the following:
- Please peel white asparagus starting about 3 cm below the tips.
- Green asparagus only at the end about 5 cm peel.
Here a picture:
2. Recipe Asparagus grilled
For the simple asparagus dish you only need a few ingredients. I love such dishes, the effort remains manageable and it tastes down-to-earth and delicious!
Before it starts I have a surprise for you: You can add crabs to this asparagus dish….
- 15-20 spears white asparagus or green asparagus
- some salt I use Himalayan salt
- some pepper
- some brown sugar
- some nutmeg grounded
- 150 g Butter
- 4-6 pc potatoes
- 1 packet cress or chives finely chopped
- 200 g crabs I used North Sea crabs
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, drain and peel. Later, place the potatoes in a pan with butter and finely chopped parsley, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and prepare for serving. Keep plate warm for serving.
- Peel and prepare the asparagus as described in the article.
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water with a little sugar until firm to the bite. You can also use vegetable broth to cook asparagus.
- Drain the cooked asparagus well and place in the grill pan.
- Season asparagus with salt, pepper, some sugar and nutmeg and turn over.
- Heat the butter in an extra pot and cook. Brown the butter further and then pass through a sieve.
- Serve with potatoes and asparagus, nut butter and cress. I chose the purple coloured radish cress, it looks great.
3. Nutritional Values for this Asparagus Dish
4. More Recipes with AsparagusAsparagus recipes by Kochprofi Thomas Sixt Asparagus with ham
Asparagus with smoked salmon
Asparagus with salmon and Sauce Hollandaise
Asparagus in alufoil
Asparagus cream soup Sauce Hollandaise
Sauce Hollandaise with blender stick save or prepare
Sauce Bernaise and derivates of the classic Sauce Hollandaise
Sauce Hollandaise in the Thermomix prepare
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asparagus Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German