Grill Asparagus, Recipe with Step by Step Photos
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Buying and preparing AsparagusI prefer local asparagus, it tastes better and comes at best from your surroundings. By buying domestic asparagus you firstly secure jobs in Germany and secondly you contribute to less CO2 pollution. That helps the planet!
German asparagus season: early April to late June. The official end is the asparagus New Year’s Eve on 24 June.
1.1 Detect fresh AsparagusYou can recognize fresh asparagus by the following characteristics:
- Shiny peel
- Closed asparagus heads
- Fresh asparagus has no brown spots
- Fresh asparagus smells pleasant
1.2 Asparagus peeling made easyI’ll show you the professional chef asparagus peeler in the following:
- Please peel white asparagus starting about 3 cm below the tips.
- Green asparagus only at the end about 5 cm peel.
2. Recipe Asparagus grilledFor the simple asparagus dish you only need a few ingredients. I love such dishes, the effort remains manageable and it tastes down-to-earth and delicious! Before it starts I have a surprise for you: You can add crabs to this asparagus dish…. Grilled asparagus with prawns. Heat the prawns only briefly in nut butter and serve. Tastes very delicious, I promise!
Asparagus grill Recipe
Grilled asparagus step by step instructions with many photos. A professional cook recipe by Thomas Sixt.
|15-20||spears||white asparagus (or green asparagus)|
|some||Salt (I use Himalayan salt)|
Side Dishes und Decoration
|1||packet||Cress (or chives finely chopped)|
|200||g||crabs (I used North Sea crabs)|
Boil the potatoes in salted water, drain and peel. Later, place the potatoes in a pan with butter and finely chopped parsley, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and prepare for serving. Keep plate warm for serving.
Peel and prepare the asparagus as described in the article.
Cook asparagus in boiling salted water with a little sugar until firm to the bite. You can also use vegetable broth to cook asparagus.
Drain the cooked asparagus well and place in the grill pan.
Season asparagus with salt, pepper, some sugar and nutmeg and turn over.
Heat the butter in an extra pot and cook. Brown the butter further and then pass through a sieve.
Serve with potatoes and asparagus, nut butter and cress. I chose the purple coloured radish cress, it looks great.
3. Nutritional Values for this Asparagus Dish
4. More Recipes with Asparagus
Asparagus recipes by Kochprofi Thomas Sixt
Sauce Hollandaise with blender stick save or prepare
Sauce Bernaise and derivates of the classic Sauce Hollandaise
Sauce Hollandaise in the Thermomix prepare