Today I would like to recommend you my recipe Salmon in the Oven with Cauliflower. This dish impresses with new ideas for a dish with little effort and Star Kitchen quality.
I am an advocate of the holistic use of all ingredients of the kitchen, wherever possible. That’s why I find it a pity that some parts of plants, such as the cauliflower leaves, are often simply disposed of. Because they are in fact a culinary and visual enrichment on the plate.
All in all, I use the entire cauliflower in this recipe. Even the sweetish cabbage juice is included. This is great! To avoid wheat products, I crown the finely cooked cauliflower with an almond topping.
You can cook my recipe 1:1 as part of a low carb diet. Also satiation side dishes with carbohydrates, as you know it, can be part of your personal dish. I would personally find boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes ideal.
At the happy end, our plate will be overflowing, rich in vitamins and an incredible treat!
We now start with the preparation, which I will show you step by step in my recipe. If you have any questions about this dish, please feel free to ask me using the comment function. I am looking forward to reading from you. Have fun and good luck!
1. Prepare Salmon Fillet in the Oven
You can buy salmon fillet in different states.
I myself do not take frozen goods. Fresh I can see the quality of the fish better. Therefore, for me, only fresh is perfect!
You can buy the salmon fillet with skin or without skin.
For the perfect preparation of a fresh salmon fillet I would like to refer to my article Salmon in the oven, which is already linked above. There I show you all necessary steps with picture and description in detail.
2. Salmon from the Oven wrapped in Cauliflower Leaves
Cauliflower leaves are not only popular with rabbits. I have also discovered the great green cauliflower leaves as an enrichment on my menu and I am happy to share my joy about it with you.
Without stalk and blanched I can use the leaves wonderfully in the kitchen. Here I present you a variation as a coat for the fish.
Other ways of preparing cauliflower leaves: Blanched and tossed in butter in a pan, in casseroles like vegetable lasagne, as green puree, as cauliflower leaf salad…
3. Preparation Cauliflower
In addition to the great green leaves of the cauliflower, we also want to devote ourselves just as passionately to the white florets.
I’ve been thinking,
- to cook the cauliflower once in evenly sized beautiful florets – as a side dish
- to roast the leftover cuts and strands finely in a pan – as a doormat for the salmon in the green coat
Use all of the cauliflower in the dish. It doesn’t get any better than that!
4. Crispy Crust of ground Almonds, the Topping for Better Eaters
I love almonds. It’s true! I like them sweet or savory.
For a gluten-free cuisine and also a low carb diet, almonds are ideal. Vegans also appreciate almond paste as a cheese substitute for gratinating.
Well, that’s why my topping for the cooked cauliflower is: Ground almonds roasted in a pan with butter.
5. Salmon in the Oven Recipe
- 2 pc salmon fillets
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper I like to use black pepper!
- 5-6 pc cauliflower leaves
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 pc cauliflower whole, with leaves for the salmon
- 1 tsp salt for the cooked cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt for the cauliflower roasted in the pan
- 2 pinches pepper
- 3 tbs butter
- 125 g ground almonds
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Separate the cauliflower from the leaf. We'll deal with the florets later.
- Preheat the oven to 100° C hot air. Bring a pot with 3 l water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil.Wash and dry the cabbage leaves.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the stalk of the cauliflower leaves through a long V-cut.
- Blanch the cauliflower leaves in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Then quickly remove from the water and rinse in ice-cold water. Drain in a sieve.
- Place the drained cabbage leaves next to each other on a clean kitchen towel. The laid out area should be sufficient for 2 fish fillets.
- Cover with the kitchen towel skillfully or use another clean kitchen towel so that the leaves are covered. Roll flat with a rolling pin.
- Remove the upper covering of the cabbage leaves.
- Now place the raw salmon fillet on the leaf surface to match. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Roll up the fish with the cabbage leaves and coat it sufficiently.
- Place the coated fish fillets ready. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter so that the butter melts.
- Use a flat oven mould. Place the fish in the oven dish and brush with melted butter.Cook the coated salmon fillets for 8-12 minutes in the preheated oven on medium heat.
- Clean the white cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into suitable florets. This is where the wheat is separated from the chaff: 1. put the most beautiful florets of similar size aside for cooking. 2. roughly cut the remaining parts and stalks with a knife for the frying pan.
- Cut the beautiful well-formed florets for the pot crosswise on the stem with a knife.
- Now place the cauliflower florets in the boiling water and cook until they are slightly soft and still firm to the bite - about 6-8 minutes.
- The cauliflower cutlets of the 2nd batch are roasted in parallel in the pan with 3 tablespoons of butter, pepper and salt.
- Roast 125 g ground almonds, 100 g butter and 1 tsp salt in a frying pan.
- Take the ready cooked fish fillets out of the oven.
- Cut the salmon pieces diagonally.
- Place the roasted cauliflower from the pan on the plate. Place the fish fillets on top.Cover the cooked cauliflower with the roasted butter and almond topping.My tip: Garnish with pink pepper berries (Schinus fruits). Bon appetit!
6. Calories and Nutritional Values
7. Further, suitable Fish Recipes
More fish in the oven recipes:
Other Recipes with Salmon:
Salmon in Oven
Asparagus Soup with Salmon
Asparagus with smoked Salmon
Cold Cucumber Soup
Salmon with Asparagus and Sauce Hollandaise
Salmon Noodles with Lemon Sauce
Salmon in Sesam Coat
Salmon with Spinach
Salmon Noodles quick and easy
Asian Salmon Noodles
How to Cook Cauliflower